Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so ive been trying to figure this out but i just cant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

It was because I hadn’t updated to iOS 11 , it works now thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi piranhazone,

What drag and drop feature are you referring to? Please describe your issue with more details of what you’re trying to do, and we’ll try to help.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike.

There are new versions of Draw and Sketch that (in iOS 11) enable drag-and-drop of layers between drawings.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I saw your earlier post! I tried it, and it worked for me. Cool feature. Thanks for the tip!!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piranhazone.

I just replied to another post about this, but just in case you don’t spot it, here’s a copy....

So, this is definitely a little bit tricky; and, if you’re anything like me, it takes two hands.

Try this:

* Tap the layer you want to move.

* Once it’s outlined, press-hold-and drag it to the center of the canvas. DON’T let go of it. 

* If you only want to move that one layer, with your other hand, tap the back arrow in the upper left nav (still without releasing that layer).

* If the drawing you want to copy the layer to is in the same project, tap on it. If it’s in another project tap that same back arrow to see more of your projects.

* Once you’re in the drawing you want to copy the layer to, go ahead and release it.

Note: If you want to move more than one layer to another drawing, just tap it/them while continuing to hold on the first one you chose.

Let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sue!

I think I'm too dumb to understand what the hell I'm doing wrong. I tried to follow the instructions and I'm still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piranhazone.

It's not you. It's definitely a complex series of movements and until you get them down it can be difficult.

Tell me where things are failing for you and I'll see if I can guide you a bit better.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a quick Spark Video using the new iPad screen recorder in iOS 11:

Drag And Drop In Adobe Sketch

It doesn’t seem like I can embed the video, so you’ll have to click the link...

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike.

Wow. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

The thing that's super hard to see in the tutorials is that you have to keep your finger on that first layer that you drag out.... AND do everything else with your other hand. So it was great that it's the first thing you said.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Sue. I would have added a voice-over, but I was in a noisy Starbucks

Maybe I can go back and update it later.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael.

Starbucks? It would have taken me countless tries to get that video right with all the comforts of being in the office. No way I could have done it in Starbucks.

Thank you again for doing it. It's great.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there trick to it other than using two hands .....? like does it have to be the exact centre? I just can't get it to do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TBear.

It's for sure tricky the first couple of times you try. Just a quick check you're on iOS 11 and trying to drag-and-drop within Draw, right?

Can you explain to me where you feel like the drag-and-drop is failing so I can walk you through that?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was because I hadn’t updated to iOS 11 , it works now thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi TBear.

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines