• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct link for Lightroom 4.4 for Mac installer required

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I require the installer for Lightroom 4.4 for Mac, and prefer to have an Adobe expert provide an official link (that much is recommended from my contact with @AdobeCare on Twitter). So far on the forums all I have been able to find are: 1) a link to an external source for a Lightroom 4 trial (posted in response to many other similar requests for a Lightroom 4 for Mac installer); and 2) this Adobe link: http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/mac/4.x/Lightroom_4_LS11_mac_4_4_1.dmg, but I have been advised by @AdobeCare that the security certificate for this installer "is likely expired".

I hope to get a response from an expert on Adobe's support/Lightroom team here soon. Thank you very much in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Hi Gauravk.sharma, I would suggest getting the installer from this link:<Removed by Moderator>​; you can ignore the expired security certificate warning during the installation process. (I have managed to get Lightroom 4 (re-)installed and running on my Mac now running macOS High Sierra. There does seem to be a minor issue where Lightroom 4 will keep crashing when I try to open a new/different Catalog, but re-opening Lightroom 4 after that is fine.)

You may refer to my reply to Jeff just before t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan please contact our support team as discussed in Download Photoshop Lightroom so that you can obtain a copy of Lightroom that you can use.  Are you facing difficulty reaching a member of our chat support team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, I just purchased a new MacBook Pro. How do I install my Lightroom 4.4 and Photoshop CS6 that I've bought years ago to my new Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did check your account Bryan and Lightroom 4 is registered. If you are not being given an option to chat with a member of our support team at Contact Customer Care then please use an alternate web browser, smart phone, or tablet.  The current web browsers security settings are likely preventing your ability to establish a chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I have tried with other browsers, on my phone, etc. but the only option presented to me is still the Community forums. Yes, I have Lightroom 4 registered in my account, but it seems that the fact that it is not a newer version of the product means that I cannot access the chat support (as also explained here: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support? ). I see that the Contact Customer Care link accesses my account information before presenting me the various steps, so I believe the system itself is not offering me a chat support option/preventing me from accessing such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I am sorry Bryan that you continue to face difficulties contacting our support team.  I have requested that you be contacted directly via the e-mail address available under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I await the email contact then; thanks Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, it has been more than a week already, but I have not yet been contacted by anyone from the support team. Please expedite this, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan I am showing that you were contacted on September 27, 2017 and a request was made to arrange a time to call you.  Did you not receive an e-mail?  Please make sure to check any SPAM folders you might have set up. 

You may also want to utilize an alternate computer to access your e-mail Bryan since you also were blocked from contacting chat support on the current computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I am very certain that I did not receive any email on 27 Sep or since then, and I have checked my junk mail folder as well. I am definitely receiving email notifications when you have replied in this thread, however, so I do believe there shouldn’t be anything wrong with my getting email from Adobe. To be sure, I will leave my email address in Twitter DM so you can get the support team to email me again and be sure it’s the right address. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok my apologies Bryan.  I received an updated on the 27th that you had been contacted.  I have requested that you be contacted at your e-mail address as soon as possible.

If you do have a phone number that you can be contacted at then I would recommend updating your account at http://www.adobe.com/ with your current contact phone number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I’ve added my phone number to my account (under the Communication Preferences section). I’ll keep a lookout in my email inbox for the contact email then. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I was contacted by the support staff yesterday (somehow at 7 in the morning on a Saturday), and I have gotten Lightroom 4 (re-)installed on my Mac now. Allow me to just leave my takeaway here for the support team to consider—short and long versions ahead.

Short version:-

I would suggest for the support team to simply post *this* download link for Lightroom 4 for Mac <Removed by Moderator>at the Download Photoshop Lightroom​​ page, for users who still need the installer to download on their own. (If the support team has concerns about the compatibility/stability of Lightroom 4 with newer versions of OS X/macOS, perhaps a short note can be appended to highlight this, though the existing note on the page that "Lightroom 4 and 5 are no longer officially supported" should suffice already.)

Long version:-

When I first needed the Lightroom 4 installer after having clean installed macOS High Sierra, I was directed  by @AdobeCare on Twitter to the Download Photoshop Lightroom page, which directed me to "Contact Support" (which for my Adobe account and the product in question, i.e. Lightroom 4, was only the Community forums here). After digging around, I found two possible solutions that were posted on multiple threads, namely a) download the Lightroom 4 trial from ProDesignTools, and b) the direct installer link for the 4.4.1.dmg. I didn't realise initially that ProDesignTools was affiliated to Adobe, so I had thought it was a third-party website and decided that was probably not the option I was going to take; also, I figured it was a trial for version 4.0.0, and so couldn't be certain that I could update it to 4.4.1 after installing. Hence, I figured I would probably go with the 4.4.1.dmg direct link. At this point I had decided to check with @AdobeCare if that link was legitimate, and I believe it was you who stated the concern that "the security certificate for the installer you have located is likely expired", which I inferred as advice not to use that link.

What followed was this thread here, and me finally getting the call from Swati Garg on the support team yesterday. During the call, she asked to confirm what my issue was, and so I informed her that I needed the Lightroom 4 for Mac installer. She then checked if I preferred for her to share the link with me, or to do a screen share for her to directly help me with the installation; I told her that sending me the link would be good enough. Shortly after I received an email with the link... for the Windows version of Lightroom 4, so I replied that that's not what I needed and asked for her to send me the link for the Mac version. The reply came soon after, and it turns out that the recommended download link with accompanying instructions was... exactly what was posted in the forums for the trial installer from ProDesignTools. I decided to just go ahead with that option this time (and this was also when I found out that ProDesignTools was an Adobe Systems affiliate). I went ahead to download the trial installer for Lightroom 4, and when I ran the installer, I got a pop up message... warning me that the security certificate for the installer was expired, and asking if I wished to continue with the installation anyway.

I guess you can probably sense my increasing frustration by now. I figured that if this installer's security certificate was also expired, I might as well go ahead with the 4.4.1.dmg installer, and so that is what I did. Thankfully the installation went smoothly and I was able to check that my Catalogs worked fine as well.

So here's my feedback on this whole process: it has mostly turned out to be quite a major waste of time—if not for the support team, then definitely for me. If the recommended download process for the Lightroom 4 for Mac installer is exactly the same as what has been posted in multiple threads on the Community forums, anyone that I have come across contact with on the support team could have easily directed me to one of these threads specifically early on in the process, instead of me having to jump through all these hoops of trying to get access to a chat session (which I still believe is impossible for my account, because the system sees that I only have a licence for this older version of Lightroom and so am not eligible for chat support), posting here in this forum, then finally still having to be contacted via a separate channel, only to be officially given the same information I had already come across in the forums. And given that (presumably) all the still-available installers for Lightroom 4 for Mac have their security certificates expired, and that the link for the 4.4.1.dmg hosted on Adobe's download server is still live, that would be the better solution. Evidently, there are still many users who require a Lightroom 4 for Mac installer, going by the number of threads I have found in this forum, it would be much simpler to just have the Mac link for the installer posted on the Download Photoshop Lightroom page, just as the link for the Windows version is there as well. This would *definitely* save everybody a lot of headache, primarily the users, but also the support team having to respond to multiple identical requests over and over again unnecessarily.

I sincerely hope that this feedback is useful, and taken seriously, so that the experience will be more pleasant and less convoluted for everyone going forward. That's the only reason why I have taken this extra time to write this long post, even though I've already spent/wasted way too much time trying to resolve this issue, when it could have been oh-so-straightforward. Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Bryan.  Glad you were able to install Lightroom 4.  I did edit your posts to remove the URL for the installation files, as previously discussed they should no longer be used due to the expired security certificate.

For future viewers attempting to install Lightroom 4 please do contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care so that your available options can be discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, I really don't get it. It seems the point of my long post has been completely lost on you (and perhaps the rest of the support team), or you are just simply ignoring it, for whatever reason or perhaps company policy. Why should a more recent version of the installer be invalid for using just because the security certificate has expired, when the installer that I was directed to was a) for an older version of the program, and b) also has its security certificate expired? That completely negates your advise about the later version of the installer. (Or were the instructions I received via email incorrect as well then, since I was advised to use an installer with an expired security certificate there?) That download link I had posted, which you have removed, is hosted on Adobe's servers directly, so it's unlikely that a user would end up with a malicious copy.

In reference to the second paragraph, "For future viewers attempting to install Lightroom 4 please do contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care so that your available options can be discussed.", what other "available options" will there be for them? Was I not provided *all* possible options then? This whole support system is becoming more and more concerning to me. Yes, I may have been able to re-install Lightroom 4 successfully, but this support experience doesn't inspire confidence in me if I were to consider utilising other Adobe products in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bryan I do appreciate the feedback and the difficulties you have faced.  You can find a list of your registered Adobe software products at Find your serial number .

I know that you were unable to establish a successful chat session Bryan.  I would recommend reviewing the settings, for any installed security software, as it may also affect any future interactions utilizing a web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I followed the same steps, and I faced the same issue as Bryan - there is no option to chat.

What annoys me the most about this whole thing is that it seems version 4.4 is the only one that has this issue! I mean, for God's sake version 1.1 is available for download!!

So yeah, all I need is to update to version 4.4 on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barari were you able to establish a chat session?  If so do you have a case number that I can reference?  If not then I would recommend contacting our support team at Contact Customer Care using an alternate web browser, smartphone, or tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Same issue here, I would like to install Lightroom onto my MacBook Pro 2014. I attempted the chat, but to no avail.

I can be contacted on my listed credentials in my account. Are you able to get someone to hit me up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nick, are you still facing difficulty establishing a successful chat session?  What alternate browsers, smartphones, and tablets have you utilized?  What happens when you being the chat session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,  I am having the same problem updating my Lightroom 4 product on a MAC to 4.4.  I do not get a chat window when attempting to get service.  I am in the same circular loop everyone else with this problem is complaining about.      Could you please have someone from the service team email me?  OR, just email me the secret link to the download for version 4.4.

Thanks for your help Jeff!

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry that you are facing problems establishing a chat session.  Can you please answer my questions in post #21 regarding the methods you utilized to establish a chat session?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,  via the Adobe customer  care center when I select LR and Download problem the chat window is removed.  I only get directed to this community solution.   I need help...  So sad.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, please use an alternate computer to initiate a chat session at Contact Customer Care .  The current computer seems to be unable to establish a successful chat session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a similar issue, I tried contact option using multiple browsers but no help.

Can I get a link to download 4.4 update.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines