Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Calibration PC and iPhone

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Am looking for help with a topic I have no previous knowledge or experience with. I use photoshop CC on a Sony PC and spend a long time editing my photos. Problem is, when I upload them to my website/tumblr/Instagram and look at them on a phone or Mac computer all the images have a much warmer, yellow cast which I really don't like. Last night I tried to reclibatrate my screen to make it warmer but makes the whole screen very browinish and hard to work with apart from photoshop. Can I recalibrate my settings in photoshop at all? Should I just create an adjustment layer that would hopefully leave the images colder? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you have your iPhone color temperature set? Mac Vs PC color OS are different and they use display differently. I believe colors may look different for mant reasons.  Displays has different color capabilities and may be calibrate to different colors.  This is not a perfect planet.

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&newwindow=1&biw=1225&bih=755&q=iPhone+display+color+calibration...

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&newwindow=1&q=Mac+VS+PC+color&oq=Mac+VS+PC+color&gs_l=psy-ab.3....

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&newwindow=1&q=iPhone+display+calibration&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUK...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just checked and I don't have any filters on the phone screen. Also had a quick google last night and did see that not all calibrations match up..My main portal is Instagram and most people view that on a phone and likely iPhone so think I'm trying to get my PC to match up to that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it is not a big issue.  I'm slightly colorblind users do not care how correct color are most like over saturated image and run with their displays too bright the environment a display is in effect how thing look print and display colors can never look the same one is emitting light the other reflecting light.  That is not to say you should not calibrate one's displays.  You should but for myself I don't go overboard with color calibration.  I do not waste my money on hardware and software  to color calibrate my displays.  I'm not a professional or a lab offering print services.  More a run of the mill person.  A use Web sites test pages.  They can be used on all my devices using a web browser.  They are all I need.  Pro and business need more than I do. Here are a couple of links I use

Monitor Calibration Tests: Black Point

LCD monitor test images

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't think it's anything to do with Photoshop specifically - I think it has more to do with the monitor.

You mentioned you'd tried to colour calibrate it? I assume this was done with some software or online process? from experience these tend to leave mixed results and usually leave your screen worse off than when you'd started!

Try this bit of kit;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/datacolor-S5X100-Datacolor-Spyder5EXPRESS/dp/B00UBSL2TO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

it may seem pricey but actually, that's probably one of the cheapest and best on the market (for the price)

It could also be that your iPhone is displaying HD with good RGB rating whilst your monitor doesn't and has a much lower RGB

I think for photo editing and working with colour a good monitor is key, something with 99% RGB rating will work a dream. I could be way off the mark here, but without your specific monitor model, it's hard to determine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your working RGB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1675.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make the image right, and the rest is not your problem. You can't compensate for every possible variety of uncalibrated screens out there. To get it right, it's essential that you use a calibrator.

Convert to sRGB and embed the profile, done. That's the closest thing to a common standard you'll ever get.

When you run your calibration, set a white point that visually matches paper white. Usually this will be in the vicinity of D65.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Can you give me a bit more information on how I do those things? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just need to make sure your display is properly calibrated and profiled. The way to do that is to use a calibrator (Spyder, i1 Display, ColorMunki etc) that measures your screen and writes a profile describing it. Photoshop uses this profile to display accurately. That's a color managed display.

If you do this, you know when your file is good. If it looks right, it is right. That's all you can do. How people choose to see your file, and what they choose to see it with - that's their problem, not yours.

If someone uses a device that shows everything with a strong green tint, that's how everything appears on that device. Your images won't be any different. Keep in mind that most people don't really care all that much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines