• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nice Threadripper performance video

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this video and unless Intel does something miraculous with its pricing and/or performance, looks like I'll be building one of these in the next couple months.

8K Video Editing BEAST! - 16 Core ThreadRipper for Premiere Pro and Resolve - YouTube

not sure if the hardware guys such as Bill got a chance to see this.  would love to hear their thoughts. 

I will be doing a 1080 ti for cuda is my only difference. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not aware of that video but in my other posts here I have highly praised the Threadripper highly.  But you have made a wise decision to go with the nVidia architecture. The Threadripper 1950X is the current fastest single processor (and beats many dual Xeons) using my CPU intensive test of Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM).  It will be interesting to see the yet to be released (and apparently more expensive) new Intel chips.  Hey Intel, I would be delighted to test your new chip

Max who submitted his results really also went out of his way to by testing both the ATI Radeon Vega Frontier Edition and the nVidia GTX 1080 Ti and Vega took 27 seconds to export the GPU Accelerated Timeline where the GTX 1080 Ti was only 13 seconds.  My GTX 1060 SC does it in my system in 24 second, so AMD does not do Open CL as well as nVidia does CUDA even with the brand new generation AMD GPU.s so your decision to go with nVidia is very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would one get a machine like this built?  I have no experience, and no time.  I like what I see in the video, thanks for sharing.  I live close to NYC...where would you folks (those that wouldn't build it themselves) go to have this system built and tested?

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im a network/computer guy so I'm lucky enough to build all my own workstations.  I'm sure there are some really good businesses in the NYC area that would build a system like this for you. 

though I would recommend using one of the guys that post on here that build custom editing stations and have it shipped to you.  mostly to support them for the wonderful knowledge that they constantly give out here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  I did not realize there were folks on the forums here that built machines for the rest of us.  I would definitely take advantage of that not just to support them, but also because I too have found everyone here to be most helpful.  Hopefully someone here will comment with names of a few of those builders.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three names of competent Premiere Pro editing builders is:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Bill!  I stumbled upon Puget googling around just a little while ago, I will now look at Safe Harbor and ADK...thank you very much!!

TBH, I don't get enough (paid) work using Adobe to justify a new build...but everyone likes a new toy, right?  And don't they say, if you build it, they will come?  LOL

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines