Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Photoshop's Settings Folder?

Participant ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

Is it possible to move PS' settings folder and still have the app reference the folder in it's new location? Or will it always use the Adobe default folder?

This is the folder that contains keystrokes, workspaces, menu settings, brushes etc.?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot move configuration stuff. Think about it: How should any program even be aware of a different location unless at its core it had provision for scanning your whole harddrive or whatever. So no, can't do. PS will always use a certain set of default locations for preferences and all that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Granted, but I've used enough apps that allow you to set locations for defaults and whatnot, so I thought it a pertinent question of PS. (Mac's operating system has a way of forwarding the location of a directory or file so the operating app knows where to look)

Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to sync settings between a PC at the studio and my Mac at home. I think I found a solution with Resilio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy if they would just move the settings to my Creative Cloud storage. That'd solve the issue. It's even cross platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not practical. Settings are rewritten every time you close the application (which, incidentally, is why they tend to corrupt rather easily).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines