Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Image Titles and Alternative Text

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong please?

When I click on mages in my site I dont get any options on some and others I only get the edit image properties box where I can add a tool tip and Alt Text - no title.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

You are correct. Images used as backgrounds have no attributes applied to them, so you can't add titles and descriptions.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you want to achieve? Options on some and others? You want a gallery? Use the gallery widget.

Want more? Share a link and some more information, please.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends how you are creating the images. You will only have the option of image properties if you place the image. You won't get this if you use an image as a background fill for a rectangle or circle.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to change image titles and add Alt text for SEO purposes, not create a gallery Uwe. That would make sense David. I'm looking in my assets panel and its all those labelled as background (and there are many!) that I cant amend the image titles. I set them as backgrounds so that they will respond how wanted them to.

So, am I correct in assuming that the current image titles wont display anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct. Images used as backgrounds have no attributes applied to them, so you can't add titles and descriptions.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines