• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected font failed during last operation. if problem persists, please disable the font

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

When i open photoshop fine then coming below error :-

Selected font failed during last operation. if problem persists, please disable the font.

Please help me ASAP.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Solution: Suitcase Fusion needed to be reinstalled after Windows Creator update because Font Activation got broken. All working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mukeshp,

Do you get this error message while opening a specific document or all? Which version of Photoshop are you using?

Refer this thread: Selected font failed during last operation

Here is the article that you can follow: Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same problem opening some specific documents which used to work fine. I can't open them at all now. How can I recover them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution: Suitcase Fusion needed to be reinstalled after Windows Creator update because Font Activation got broken. All working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am getting the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link listed here gives a 404 error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for noticing and letting us know about it.

You may refer a similar discussion selected font failed during last operation...  for reference.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand. How do I fix this problem. Font failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dv8kiwi don't understand what you mean. what's suitcase fusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows font management software by Extensis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message. Is Suitcase Fusion a native Windows application or is it a separate thing altogether? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what worked for me (Win 10 and Photoshop CC 2017 after Creator update from Windows):

Exit Photoshop and the Creative Cloud desktop app (if installed).

Navigate to the AppData folder

\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2017

Delete CT Font Cache folder (or change the name to CT Font Cache folder.del if you want to play it safe first)

Restart Photoshop

Based on original post from https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1602997

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem here. Suitcase Fusion is a seperate thing and you have to buy it?

And I don't have the AppData folder in my Users/folder. So I can't find this file...usermap.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default, the AppData folder is hidden...see this article  What's in the hidden Windows AppData Folder, and how to find it if you need it | PCWorld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that fixed the prob in 30 sec flat.  thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me!   Thank you.  (Windows 10 user)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what fixed mine (Windows 10):

• Go to the windows start menu, and search "Show hidden files and folders"
  • Go to "Hidden files and folders" folder > Select the "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" button > OK

( This allows you to see the App Data folder. )

• Navigate to your C Drive > Users > [Username] > App Data > Roaming > Adobe > [ Photoshop version ]
  • Delete the CT Font Cache folder
  • Restart photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your detailed information. I finally found the CT Font Cache because of them. However I had resolved the problem prior to receiving the infno.

What I did, after uninstalling all my CC programs & rebooting twice without having the problem go away. Since I needed to get a project done I decided to go to Elements that was also on my machine only to find that I couldn't use it either. Not the same problem, it just shut down after I loaded all my photos. So I uninstalled Elements, rebooted & reinstalled it. I was able to finish my project with Elements.

I had made an appointment with my IT the next morning, but decided to try PS CC once more & found that it must have been something in Elements that was causing the problem because now it worked fine.

Hope this might help someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! This helped immensely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines