Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics - Outpoint referenced in expression

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Is it possible to retrieve the outpoint of an essential graphics template instance?

I want to build some text templates that have a special out-animation. I prepared some templates in AE with animations tied to the outpoints of layers or the duration of comps. But none of that works in combination with the Essential Graphics!

So now there is my question: is there any way to work with the outpoint of an template instance? Or do I have to use a slider to adjust the length "manually"?

Thanks a lot in advance!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer would have to be no. Essential graphics are treated as self-contained entities and basically what you attempt to do boils down to - in AE terms - changing a project item, which expressions can't and never could. Or in other words: An expression cannot set the duration of a comp and that's why it doesn't work. Perhaps one day in future versions...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its possible that this could be done with a script (possible but not definite) but not with expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines