• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Efficiency

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most Macs, PCs or many other desktop computer with a sufficient amount of processing speed and memory this can apply to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign,  Premiere Pro or really any Adobe related program. When working in any of these programs would it be more efficient and/or reduction of freezes or errors to work directly from a file that’s stored on a quality flash drive, external hard drive (or a server - Creative Cloud) OR should a user pull the file they plan to work onto the finder or desktop of the computer they are using?

This is sort of a follow up from a past thread I created: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2208815

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a single file, such as a JPG, I have never noticed any difference

For a PROJECT file, such as a Premiere Pro project, there is the risk of having to relink everything every time the external is removed and reconnected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply John!

It wasn't really about just re-linking in Premiere Pro as I definitely understand, it was curious about workflow and building a case to maximize efficiency while working in the Adobe programs and sourcing from the file being edited - external drive or computer. Make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Speed, aka data transfer rate, are (in my experience) the key

An internal sata drive is best... esata or usb3 may also work

But, since I build my own, I really don't have to work with external drives for anything besides backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines