Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illutstrator CS3 eps file

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the weirdest thing.

Yesterday I created a figure using the pen-tool in Illustrator. Saved the total artwork as .ai. Then, as usual, I merged paths, as to have one object and saved it as .eps. Then I created a new .ai document (lets call it artwork for reference) and placed the .eps file, changed the colour of the object using the front colour, with transparency intact. Everything worked as normal.

Today, I was creating another figure, same procedure as yesterday, but when I placed the new .eps file in the .ai document "artwork" of yesterday, and then tried to change the colour, it didn't only change the colour of the object, but also filled the bounding box with colour.

My first thought was that it had to be something wrong with the .eps file, but I then tried to place the .eps file from yesterday and the same thing happened (this is the same .eps file that's already placed and is working normal, so this is only happening today). Recap, yesterday I could fill the object with colour, today the hole bounding box gets filled.

I don't have a clue what's going on here.

I would really appreciate some insight on this.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you should ask this question in the Illustrator forum?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup, noticed that just as I got your reply. Embarrassing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines