• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic GX80 RW2 files in Lightroom 5.7

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased a new Panasonic GX80 and take RW2 Raw images.

I use Lightroom version: 5.7 [991162] which will not read my RW2 files.

I prefer to shoot raw files.

How do I use the RW2 files in my version of Lightroomj.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

More info on the (no cost) DNG conversion route

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

The downside is that every time you want to import into Lightroom, you must first convert all your RAW files to DNG format using the converter then edit the DNGs (not the RAW files) in Lightroom 5.7.

Upgrading means you can edit the RAW files in Lightroom 6 or CC (Cloud) with no conversion required. If you do upgrade, ensure that you ar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice camera!  I have a GX8 that is similar and like it a lot.

You have two choices.  You can download and use Adobe's free DNG converter.  The current version will copy your files into an Adobe format that can be used by your software.  There is no quality or functional loss. 

The second choice is to buy an upgrade to the current version of Lightroom.  It can be either the subscription plan or the perpetual license.

Good luck!  You have a great camera!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info on the (no cost) DNG conversion route

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Camera Raw: How to use Adobe DNG Converter - YouTube

The downside is that every time you want to import into Lightroom, you must first convert all your RAW files to DNG format using the converter then edit the DNGs (not the RAW files) in Lightroom 5.7.

Upgrading means you can edit the RAW files in Lightroom 6 or CC (Cloud) with no conversion required. If you do upgrade, ensure that you are running the current version 6.8 (or CC 2015.8 Cloud version) since the camera was first supported in Lightroom 6.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this actually true? Because I'm using the latest version of Lightroom (subcription) and I just updated both Lightroom and Camera Raw yet I can't open my Fz2000 files in Lightroom. Only Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's true if you've got the correct versions of the software required to open the files.

See Cameras supported by Camera Raw

The FZ2000 was first supported in Lightroom CC 2015.8.

Which version of Lightroom do you have installed?

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info. Which Lightroom version is shown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it turns out, it only said up to date. It was not. But I can't update it even though all the other programs in creative suite updates just fine. Too wierd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not weird. It's a known issue for some with the Lightroom 6.12 (CC 2015.12) updater and the Cloud desktop app.

Several people have reported that the Cloud desktop app says Lightroom is up to date when it's not. The solution in every instance has been to manually update Lightroom to 6.12 (CC 2015.12).

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is misleading.

• it will be an obsolete info at the next update
  • it may be, that it is not correct. Best is to check always the version and post it.

The current latest vesion is 6.12 or Lr CC 2015.12, depending on the license you have.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines