Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden text visible in the compile help

Nov 16, 2008 Nov 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finished a project using robohelp version 6 and word. I made sure that the hidden text flag was turned off in the word document, then I compiled the project. Many of the topics are now showing the hidden text in the compiled help view.

Is there any way to switch these off without having to go back to the word document deleting the hidden text and re-doing the jumps?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Word? I assume you are using RH for Word, not RH HTML using Word as the editor?

I don't think I have ever known the hidden text show in the output. What is the output type?

Create a new project and see if you get the same problem? Then post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Word 2003. RH 6 for Word, and the project's primary layout is WinHelp 2000. Not all the topics show the hidden help in the output. I tried creating a new project, but this did not solve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2008 Nov 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Send the test project via my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, thank you for your reply. I have emailed you the zipped test project.
Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply on the way. The hidden text is not hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2008 Nov 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

You ask me to post a link here on the forum. The questions I had on the problem with the "corrupted" jumps were:
Why is this happening and how can I fix the corrupted jumps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I asked you to respond to my offline email with a link to this thread. Never mind.

What we need to do, obviously, is identify where and when the links went corrupt and I was hoping there would be something in the thread to help with that. There isn't.

Do you have an old build where everything was working? Maybe this is a new project and what you thought was correct never did work?

Poke around some backups and see what you can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter, I do not have any old builds. This is a new project. The first time I compiled it a couple of weeks ago, the jumps looked ok. Unfortunately, we no longer a backup for that build, so there is no way to restore it.

I tried to delete some of these corrupted jumps and re-do them, but when I compiled the project, other jumps got corrupted. It got to the point where I am afraid to touch the project.

Is there a way to get rid of all the jumps at once so that they can be re-created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Backups, backups, backups.

I cannot see how creating a jump can corrupt another one.

In the topic mentioned in my email create several blank paragraphs above the current ones and then create new links, no copying and pasting.

The only way I know of to get rid of the jumps is to manually delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp