• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PrE chokes up on preview mode

Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always experienced fitful stops and starts in preview mode.  Even after rendering, whether, in a draft or hi-res mode, I get the same fitful, jerking, stops and starts.  It was suggested that this might be a buffer issue because if I toggle stop/start the project runs a little smoother, for a very short while.

My project includes about 8 still images; 2500 pixels at 300 ppi, with a couple soundtracks, fad transitions, and some animated titles, that I customise using keyframes on my timeline. 

Sometimes, right after I render the project, that starts automatically when it's done, the sound fads in but my animated text jerks in, haltingly, jumping into motion then stopping and starting again.  Then, even though the CTI is passing over an image, the Monitor Panel remains black. The image eventually displays usually just before the next image reached.

I have talked endlessly with Steve Grisetti, who has written books on PrE and runs a PrE forum but neither he nor his members have this problem or can explain why, considering the resources on my computer, I'm having them.

I actually bought my Surface Book because of this problem. I thought it was my desktop, but that didn't solve the problem.

Windows 10 Pro

v 1607

OS Build 14393.1715

Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @2.60GHz 2.81

16 GB RAM

64-bit OS, x64-based processor

475GB SSD with 180 GB free

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

I recently had my IT service scan my system for issues and they found none. I also uninstalled PrE and re-installed it.

Here is my Graphics card info

Intel HD graphics 520

NVIDIA GeForce GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

This is a little confusing because I responded on the muvipix forum, where I saw your message and then I saw it here /-:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There doesn't appear to be anyone dealing, or who has dealt, with the issue.  So I need to find an expert at Adobe who can weigh in on this problem.  But getting to someone with that kind

I guess I am going to have to find an expert at Adobe who can weigh in on this problem.  But getting to someone with that kind of technical expertise is going to be a challenge, given the size of Adobe and the number of people they must serve.

I did get this link from someone on another forum but it didn't change anything.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9855747#9855747

So, between Adobe and NVIDIA I hope to find an answer, but I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines