Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 4.5 on iMac: Does not recognize my device, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3 eReader

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear experts,

when I connect my ereader (Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, i.e. model 626) via USB with my computer, ADE 4.5 (on a Mac) does not recognize my device and does not list it on the left top.

When I try the same procedure with another eReader, i.e. a Tolino Vision, everything works fine and the Toline is being listet immediately as a new device.

Do you know any solution?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Tanita

Liebe Experten,

wenn ich meinen Pocktbook Touch Lux 3 eReader über USB mit dem Computer (iMac) verbinde, erkennt die ADE 4.5 software ihn nicht als Gerät.

Wenn ich stattdessen das gleiche  mit einem Tolino Vision eReader mache, wird dieser sofort als Gerät erkannt und oben links von ADE aufgelistet.

Falls jemand eine Lösung kennt - bitte ich um Hilfe und danke vielmals!

LG

Tanita

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you try anything check if your reader supported of Digital Edition with the following List:

https://blogs.adobe.com/digitalpublishing/supported‐devices

If is on the list and still not work check if the device the Reader recognized itself. Sometimes it’s a

problem with the Device and Reader itself and not Digital Edition.

Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. At first the link did not work, when I searched for the word "devices", I reached the list.

My device, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3, is not on the list. There are some old models of the same manufacturer Pocketbook on the list but the new models are not listed.

Maybe the list is not up to date? I think so because I also own another eReader, a Longshine Tolino Vision 3 HD, and Digital Edition recognizes it. But this brand, Tolino, is not on the list of supported devices.

May I ask you to check if the new Pocketbook models are also supported by Digital Editions although they are not on the list?

The device is being recognized by my computer (iMac). When I plug it in via USB it is shown on the computer as a drive/volume.

Thanking you for your kind help.

http://blogs.adobe.com/aemmobile/supported-devices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its not exact on the list its would not work. So you must authorize the Reader over the Reader itself and transfer the files over the File-System. Sometimes work a not suppored reader but its not on the list and not work you can not work togehter. You can contact a Staff Person (you can see the adobe images by the name) and ask if the list are fine or not. This can i not see exact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link now shows "page not found", so perhaps someone could post the new link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. Ich habe genau dasselbe Problem.

My setup:

- MacBook running OSX 10.12.6

- Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.6.177148 (I just reinstalled on the advice of someone trying to help me solve this - it didn't help)

- Pocketbook 626 ("Lux 3")

- Software W626.5.14.1225 (release date 20170718...)

(under third party apps the device says "this reader contains Adobe Reader @ Mobile software under license ...; Copyright c 1995-2009 -- maybe that's a clue!!)

One other clue:

- initially I set up the MacBook including adding my Adobe ID (then exited ADE as per instructions)

- I added my Adobe ID to the Pocketbook (it responded with "successfully added" or words to that effect)

- I connected the Pocketbook to the Macbook

- I restarted Adobe DE (as per instructions)

- Adobe DE showed the Pocketbook (!!)

- I was unable to transfer DRM-protected books to the Pocketbook (it complained about some other unauthorized credentials or something -- to me inexplicable, since I only have one Adobe ID and this is the only one either of these devices has ever seen)

- on the advice of someone trying to help I deleted the Adobe ID on the Pocketbook, re-added it (successfully again) and tried again

Since then I have never seen the Pocketbook in ADE on the Macbook, despite multiple attempts, reboots of both devices, and re-installation of ADE on the Macbook.

If there is anywhere I can look for more detailed error messages, e.g. in logs on the Macbook I'm happy to do that too.

I would really like to be able to read the books I paid for so would be grateful for a solution!!

Cheers,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My PocketBook Touch HD 3 was recognized initially - using Windows10 and ADE_4.5_Installer.exe. Then there was an error the next time I downloaded from the library and now ADE will not show the device. Any help will be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines