• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video frames in timeline not aligned to chosen FPS

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an animation in Photoshop. Currently, I have a small looping animation that I created for testing. The animation has six frames, and the FPS of my timeline is set to 12. This would indicate to me that I would always have exactly 12 frames in every second of the timeline, but this doesn't appear to be the case:

If you look closely, the "06f" marker is slightly after the video layer ends. This problem compounds itself when I attempt to loop the animation by duplicating the video layer within a group:

After 25 seconds of looping, the entire looping animation has phase shifted so that the middle of the animation falls on each second, instead of the animation ending at each second.

I'm trying to synchronize this animation to music, so the desync is very noticeable as the song progresses. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or why the frames aren't occurring as expected - can anyone help?

Let me know if I can provide any additional details!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi itspladd,

Please refer the below link for the related discussion and check the offered solutions.

How do you set the frame rate for a frame animation?

How to Change FPS in Photoshop Animation | Techwalla.com

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on a job. This response is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dealing with timeline alignment issues as well. Some animations in the file line up frame-acurate, but one in particular just WILL NOT snap to the frame tick-mark. It's very aggravating. And the answer posted 'how to change frame rates in Photoshop' is no help. I konw how to change frame rates. That's not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I got it. In the timeline menu at the top right (three stacked horizontal bars) there is a move and trim option. If you set the playhead where you want, click the animation and, then click move start to playhead it will fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines