• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital ebook provider says I have used all my devices so cannot have my ebooks

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased eBooks from Kalahari and then Takealot over the last 6 or 7 years. During that time I have moved from iPad to iPad and Mac to Mac, deauthorizing and then reauthorising, always using the same ID.

All of a sudden on my last iPAD, when I tried to get these books again, I wasnt able to. I kept receiving either "token not available" or a "Fulfillment error 0". On checking, they told me to download to Digital editions. I did this but then received the ""E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER" error.

According to Takealot, this is my problem as they will not reset anything to allow me to access these eBooks. Their reasoning is that I only borrowed them and I only borrowed them for the original devices so I should expect to have them on my new devices. For me to get these books, I would need to buy them all over again!

A couple of books have downloaded perfectly, and those are mostly the more recent ones - which were probably purchased on a later device.

Is anyone able to assist me? It doesn't seem fair that only a certain number of devices are allowed to be used, or that if I de-authorise one, I am not allowed to authorise the newer one. I have also moved from SA to the UK, but even during that move, I have NOT changed my user id.

Any advice???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

stop buying ebooks from takealot. I've just experienced a similar problem and am waiting to hear from them about changing my download information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines