• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timelapse in Adobe Draw

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really anxious to try the new time lapse feature, and can't figure out how it works. I can see it generating a VERY nice time lapse, but then can see no way to use it, and no way to edit it, which I would particularly like to  be able to do.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

You can also edit frames in Photoshop if you are more comfortable with that. Photoshop now has a timeline where you can edit video or animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuercusFlorida.

There is currently no way to edit the time lapse video; right now they can only be shared.

I have gotten a couple of requests that they be made editable in future versions of the drawing apps, but I'm not sure what the plans are for evolving this feature.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, I’d love it if we could see the lines actually being drawn in the Timelapse. Currently it just plays each stroke one after the other but if we could see the strokes growing as they are drawn this would be very useful for doing write on effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that is no longer time lapse. Time lapse means allowing time to lapse or pass between capturing frames and then playing the frames at a normal frame rate. Like when you see clouds or a sun rise or sun set on TV that is ‘sped up’. It’s not actually sped up, there is just a break between when each frame is captured. For example once every second instead of 20-30 times per second.

So you’re actually asking Adobe to build an entirely new feature that records every stroke being drawn at a much higher frame rate. This is usually achieved by making an animation in After Effects or another animation app. It also results in very large video files.

I suspect that the purpose of the time lapse feature is to replace the need for ‘artists’ to record their iPad screens and then manually create a ‘sped up’ video which is actually a normal video played at a high frame rate. Speed painting is another name for this kind of video. They might sketch Thor which takes them 20 mins but they speed up the vid so it’s only a few mins long.

iOS 11 allows you to record your entire screen. This will allow you to see each stroke being drawn. You’d just need to hide the Draw tools and crop the top status bar out of the video and you could get what you’re asking for. Again these vids will be massive though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

I understand all

of this. I know Time lapse is something different, that’s why I’m asking for something else. I use After Effects a lot and it does something similar but it does not have great drawing tools and brushes. But, anyway, the point is that there is not an Adobe app that will record an entire drawing in this way. It would be great if there was. Sketch and Draw would be natural choice for this kid of work. It would be used a lot by people for whiteboard animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Angie.

In the short time that timelapse has been available I've gotten quite a few requests/suggestions about how to evolve it. I don't know what the future plans are for the feature but I'm happy to share your comments with the product team.

Thanks for posting about it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be amazing if Adobe Draw could animate painted strokes the way Painter 3 could (circa the mid 1990s).  Painter switched to playing back recorded brush strokes as completed strokes rather than brush strokes appearing over time with version 4.  Ever since that feature went away in Painter, I've been doing hand painted brush stroke animations via screen recordings.  While that works, it's not a straight forward.  

I think Art Rage Pro will export brush strokes over time with it's record while painting feature. 

Does Draw have a feature request page?  I'm not seeing it (nor any of the mobile apps) listed at Feature Request/Bug Report Form.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Warren.

Like I told Angie, I'm not sure what the plans are for the evolution of the time lapse feature but... consider your request submitted. I'll personally pass it along to the drawing teams.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I’m glad to see so many people are interested in the time lapse feature!

I’d really like to see it developed further.

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 9:47 PM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quercus.

It's a feature people have been wanting for quite some time so I'm not surprised by the response to it.

I don't know what the plans are for the future of time lapse but I'll definitely be sharing everyone's feedback/requests with the drawing teams.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue!

I will be anxious to see what develops.

On Sun, Oct 8, 2017 at 7:25 PM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi QuercusFlorida, here's how to use the time lapse feature:

1. Draw something
  2. Tap share
  3. Tap Time lapse
  4. You'll see your video and can play it
  5. Tap share again
  6. Save it to your photos
  7. Then open Apple Photos
  8. Then tap edit (looks like some little sliders)
  9. Then you can trim the video by dragging the sliders at either end into the middle
  10. Tap done to save as a new clip (your old one is kept and a new copy is created with your edits)
  11. If you want to do more advanced editing, then you can use an app like iMovie or your preferred video editing app

Remember: Adobe Draw is designed to capture drawings not to edit videos. But there are tons of ways to edit videos on your iPad or Mac or whatever.

Pls let me know if that answers your question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sue

Thank you so much for your detailed reply. I will certainly give it a try.

I guess the more advanced editing would include removing frames from within

the video? Which I also wanted to do, as well as trimming time from the

beginning or end. Can you tell me if that's the case? I am an absolute

utter complete novice at this video business! Whether in Draw or in any

other form.

Thanks again,

Dru Nichols

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 11:37 AM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quercus.

It was actually Blair who gave you the detailed editing tips (I assumed you wanted a way to do it in the app).

I don't do a whole lot with videos but I have noticed that video editing right in the Photos app has gotten pretty sophisticated so editing in the middle of the video might be possible there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad there's a way to reply on here. I was getting so confused in my email I didn't know which and was up,  and wanted to thank everyone who offered to help me.   So thank you, too, Sue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont have a timelapse option when i go to share my project. Can you please help me? I'm using the adobe draw app on my samsung galaxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex:

I've noticed that if I've used the Duplicate Project option (so that it looks like you have two or more Artboards) in a Project that the Share options reduce to "SHARE Link to Project" and "SENT TO Behance".  If I go one level deeper to where I can edit a single page that the Share option has the longer list that includes "SEND TO Timelapse".

Could this by why you're not seeing Timeplapse?

Adobe Draw SENT TO Timelapse with More Duplicate Projects (Artboards) copy.png

I'm using the iOS version of the app, but there's nothing that I could find in the FAQ for Adobe Draw that indicates that Android version shouldn't have Timelapse:  Answers to commonly asked questions about Adobe Illustrator Draw. Also, learn how to import your Ide...

Although, if the Android version doesn't support PDF and PSD, it might not support MOV either.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure how to insert u a screen shot of what i see when i click the box with the arrow pointed up, so ill just list the options it gives:

-Publish a behance

-Copy to creative cloud

-Send to illustrator cc

-Send to photoshop cc

-Copy image to gallery

But when i click share , it just gives me a bunch of apps i can share to, share link, etc - but no option for timelapse.

And no i dont have it as a duplicate or many projects in one. Its just one drawing with about 5 layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like Timelapse isn't supported on the Android version.

While it's very fun to play with, the playback is very abrupt in that it's effectively just a screen shot of each completed use of a tool.   I've always hoped a record option that plays back what you did in real time.

You could mimic Timelapse by taking a screen shot in full screen mode at the completion of each brush stroke and then assembling those screenshots as a Sequence in Premiere Pro or After Effects.  (Yes, a lot of extra work.)

Have you ever used Art Rage Pro? 

https://www.artrage.com/artrage-5/

https://www.artrage.com/artrage-android/

This application supports recording the painting process in real time in the desktop or mobile versions and then playing the script back in the desktop version.  While it won't export to a movie directly, a screen recording can be made of the script playback. https://www.artrage.com/manuals/scripts/script-files/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexis.

Warren is right; timelapse is not yet supported in the Android versions of Draw and Sketch.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue!

I'm using an iPad but don't see the timelapse option in my Adobe Draw.

Under "Send to" I only have options for Behance, Creative Cloud Files as PSD, Creative Cloud Files as PDF and Clipboard. Checked for updates of the app, and all's good, nothing for me to upgrade to.

Do you know how I can have the timelapse option?

Thanks!

Wendy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Wendy.

Timelapse was not available in versions of the app prior to v4.6. What version of Draw are you using?

To check that, tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then from the menu that opens tap on About Draw; the version number should be right at the top.

Let me know. I may want you to send me an email through the in-app feedback so I can see all of your device/app information.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue! v4.5. How can I get the latest version? I went to App Store to see if I'd missed updates for the app, but apparently not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wendy.

If you're on an older iPad and unable to update the version of iOS you're on, then you may not be able to get it... the current version (v4.6) requires iOS 11 and above.

Are you able to update iOS?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! No wonder; I'm on iOS10.3.3. Thanks for clarifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines