• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Facebook Video

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I want to play a video on Facebook it opens a new window and takes me to Youtube.I've checked all my settings etc but can't see what the problem is.Any ideas ? I have two back up FB profiles and the videos play on both of them but not my main account/profile.It's like when the embed code on Youtube is disabled and you just get the thumbnail photo/image.Please help.Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend contacting Facebook for your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi m_vargas,

I've tried contacting Facebook and got their usual non-committal response:

Our reply

Yesterday

Your feedback will be used to improve Facebook. Thanks for taking the time to make a report.

Even one of my friends who works in IT is stumped by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ultimately going to come down to the particular video and how it was embedded, and the operating system and browser that you're using.  This is ultimately a problem that Facebook needs to fix, and there's not enough detail here to guess about possible workarounds.  It's really odd that you see it work in the same browser in multiple profiles, but it's totally normal for large services to run experiments on a small subset of user accounts.  You may just be seeing the outcome of an experiment in one of your profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeromiec83223024,

Thanks for your reply and input which I really appreciate.

My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium,Google Chrome version 61.0.3163.100 and is up to date.
This happens to all videos I post from Youtube and to make it even more confusing,I have found that my wife's Facebook profile has the same issue.
But,as you said,I think it is a Facebook issue and it is strange that my two back up profiles are not affected although they are newer.
I am leaving this open in case I get a response from Facebook and will put an update here.

Thanks again.

Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any extensions installed that might account for it?  AdBlockers, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jeromiec83223024,

I do have Adblockplus extension but this was installed way before this issue started and the other extensions I use are McAfee  WebAdvisor and SiteAdvisor and these have been temporarily disabled but the problem persists.

Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines