• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GoLive 9 is not allowing me to activate

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that the serial number generates a green check mark does not mean the activation works. I have been very patient for a week spending many hours on tech support and I can't get anyone to help with the GoLive 9 activation server problem. I have attached two screen shots showing that the activation server is dead as Adobe has said. The problem is that no one is helping generate a workaround for GoLive 9 (Mac). I need this software for older jobs that need tweaking, and all I ask is for you to provide a workaround to bypass the activation server for GoLive 9. Please, I'm tired of wasting so much time. I own two copies of version 9.golive 9 phone activation.pnggolive activation options.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Rjvgo I am sorry that you are facing difficulty activating GoLive 9.  You mentioned you contacted a member of our support team.  Do you have a case number from your interaction that I can reference?  Can you also please verify that the e-mail address, and phone number, listed under your account at http://www.adobe.com is accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I already sent you the case numbers but here they are again:

Email is <Removed by Moderator>

Please reread what I sent you before as it has everything prior to talking with you, plus screen shots.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the update Rjvgo.  I removed your e-mail address as this is public forum accessible to anyone with Internet access.  I am investigating if the GoLive 9 activation server has been shut down.  I will update this discussion once I have more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rjvgo my apologies for the delay but I am continuing to investigate why you are receiving this error.  Can you please download and run the CC Log Collector tool available at Log Collector Tool to collect the installation and activation logs from your computer.  Once done can you please send the log files to my e-mail address at jwright@adobe.com.

Please update this discussion if you face any difficulties with use of the CC Log Collector tool Rjvgo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the requested info to your email. Please check soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ron! I have responded; and sent the logs on to our Engineering teams for analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron my apologies for the continued inconvenience.  We are continuing to investigate why you are receiving this error with GoLive 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,  Here is a repeat of original info I sent you, but also some additional notes. Please continue to see this through:

<Removed by Moderator>

Download does not work, gets stuck on activation screen:

http://trials.adobe.com/Applications/GoLive/9/Mac/ADBEGLVE9_WWE.dmg

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1324890

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195856

Your case number:  0189264233

Golive 9 email link in 48 hrs (9/5/17) : case 0223053164 and 0223079292

9/7

Jeff link:

https://forums.adobe.com/collaboration/77126?et=notification.direct.message

Current case link:

https://accounts.adobe.com/support/cases/0223079292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I do not understand why you are not doing more to help me. I have sent you so much info on how the Golive 9 is not activating due to the activation server no longer around. It has been weeks, and all you say is the info was sent to the engineers. I need help. Golive 9 has 3 days left until it will no longer run. Don't you think it has been long enough? Please just get a working serial number for me that does not require a activation server. I have spent over $700 on three copies of Golive over the years, and it runs fine under 10.12, but without you following through on getting me a solution soon, I will not be able to work on the old jobs, some that are very extensive.GoLive 9- 3 days left.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ron I understand that this is a frustrating situation.  I am continuing to work with our engineering team, and executives, to determine the best course of action for you.

One step which you can implement is the steps listed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .  Removing the cache.db could possibly affect the ability to use GoLive 9 .  It may at least allow GoLive 9 to launch in trial mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the cache.db file from instructed location. I also downloaded the cleaner tool and uninstalled Golive 9, fixed hosts file and reinstalled Golive 9. No help. Said I have one day left, which is over by now.

golive 9 one day left.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Ron thanks for the update and confirmation.  I had not offered it earlier as I did not have high hopes that it would resolve the activation errors you are facing.

I should have an additional update in the next couple days. To confirm you do need access to GoLive 9 to edit a site Ron?  Having access to a newer version of Dreamweaver would not allow you to make the necessary changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

I am transitioning to Adobe Muse, so far I love it, but I have 10+ years of using GoLive 9 and I have MANY sites that need tweaking where the clients are not going to pay for a redo even though their site needs updating. Many of my GoLive 9 sites still work great, even in mobil, because I designed them very tight and very well. I know GoLive 9 like the back of my hand, so I need a solution to access these site files until all are converted or redesigned. Plus, GoLive 9 was a great program and Adobe still has it available to download as a trial, plus I have a lot of money invested in GoLive and a gazillion hours as well. Iv'e tried Dreamweaver and so far I do not like it, but Muse has much promise. Please try to get an activation solution soon.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thanks for the confirmation Ron.  I will continue to update this discussion as I have additional details.

I have credited your Creative Cloud for Student and Teacher Edition for 30 days for the inconvenience you are facing while waiting for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines