• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Given up trying to run Photoshop CC on my laptop - can I load an earlier version

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks ahead of time.  I've spent hours of frustration and trials, settings, preferences, scratch disk fidding etc but every time I pick up a brush or zoom into a photo CC crashes.  I'm not getting a new computer because mine is pretty hefty - does anyone here know where I can just download an earlier version of PS either 5 or 6 and run it on CC which Im paying for.  I cant find any answers within the forums and tried all ways to sunday to contact adobe but it says phone support or chat support does not apply to 'my product'.  Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Oh thank you so much for answering. I m windows 8 intel core 2gh processor.  Now that youve been so helpful could you somehow let me know where to find cs6 in 'the cloud'. Im pretty good at finding things and figuring out but this one's got me frazzled! thanks again (from australia)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you running?

As a Cloud member, you have access to all versions back to CS6.

See Previous versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you so much for answering. I m windows 8 intel core 2gh processor.  Now that youve been so helpful could you somehow let me know where to find cs6 in 'the cloud'. Im pretty good at finding things and figuring out but this one's got me frazzled! thanks again (from australia)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer the link I posted. See the screenshot. It's in there.

Go to the Cloud desktop app and click the downward arrow next to Photoshop. You can access earlier versions there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you John, that is so helpful I wish I'd written here first. Taht's been a great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack - before you give up on CC - can you go to Photoshop help - system info - copy   then post the info here.  The symptoms you describe sound like an issue with the graphics driver - but the system info may give us a clue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, like dave has said, we can't give you meaningful advice without knowing your system spec.  If, for instance, your laptop is 32bit with just 4Gb RAM, then you'd need to go back to CS4 to see a difference.  That's when Photoshop started to get huingry for memory.

How many apps do you have installed? How many processes run when you first start the laptop?  What other overheads do you have like a antivirus/firewall that slows things down?   You might get away with a clean reinstall of Windows, and running a clean, lean, editing machine.

Or invest in a new laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines