• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing AVCHD files won't open in After Effects

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all my movie files on an external hard drive that I use for editing on Premiere and AE. I recorded all of them in AVCHD. Many of these clips, I then sent into After Effects, but I later re-named the original folder that they came from and now AE can't locate them. Even when I'm on AE and I navigate to where these clips are, it won't let me select the AVCHD file - it's just greyed out. And because AE can't locate them, they're not showing correctly in Premiere either, because they've been modified with AE.

Also, the camera I use is a Sony A7S

I will greatly appreciate any help, advice, or ideas that anyone has so that I can avoid having to start from scratch in editing this.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some modern software access to metadata for files recorded in digital cameras. But they are very sensible to changes done directly over the original file structure, impeding software to access metadata. You shouldn’t change the folder structure or rename files to avoid any malinterpretation with your software.

My advice is to change the folder name

again to check if your files come back. If not, maybe copying the original structure of your AVCHD files solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mattheww,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines