New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some weird reason when my photoshop starts up it's like this

ps.JPG

Then when I try to click on new file it does this

Screenshot (1).png

I've tried many suggestions, from adobe creative cloud cleaner to disabling intel graphic processor. It's just not working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find thing like that happen when you first start CC 2017.   CC 2017 displays it UI before  Photoshop is prepared for use. When you open menus like the File menu there are Items grayed out unavailable the should be available.  I find if I close and reopen the file menu perhaps more than once that Photoshop is then fully initializes and is ready for work. Photoshop startup sequence is not a thing of beauty. Sometime Photoshop UI does not even get focus and shortcuts  do not work to  you get Photoshop to get system focus.  CC 2014 startup is better.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. I'll just install the 2014 version, I've heard 2015+ versions has all sorts of problems like this tbh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I want to know what to do?Why are “new” and “open” menu always gray?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen capture so we can see what stated Photoshop seems to be in. Is your screen Black and the menu File>New  grayed out and you have the latest Display Driver installed installed into your Operating System. Can you confirm this with a screen capture and posting your Photoshop version menu Help>System Info.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same as your picture,the system:win7,ps:CC2017(18.1.1),When I keep clicking on the file menu, new and open menu sometimes it's black, but mostly it's gray.Of course, photoshop is always active

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Picture does not have your Photoshop system information how could it.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM;
  • Photoshop menu Help>System Info
  • Crash reports
  • your information
  • etc
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines