Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make a photograph transparent in Elements 8

Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an aerial photograph that I want to make transparent and then superimpose over a more recent photograph. I have done the superimposition but can find no way to make the photo transparent. I have tried every which way on the forum but find none that fits my situation. The photo seems to have one layer only without a background. Advice gratefully received.

Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't you save it as a .png in the 'save as' dialogue?  There's the option to change  it from .jpg to .png in 'format' in that dialogue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you post both photos and give specific details of what you want to accomplish. To upload the photos into a message, click the Insert Image icon just above the message box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marjorie and Mark. Two photos are attached. I want to superimpose the older grey as transparency over the new photo of the same area after development.Brandhall02.jpgBrandhall2017.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the method by trial and error. And, of course, it's simple. Layer>Background from Layer>Drag Layer > to second photo. Works in both .jpg and .png formats. All the same thanks for the trouble you took in responding.

Best wishes, Michael.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines