Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts randomly stop working

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have used PS CS6 for the past couple years and ever since about a little longer than a year it started randomly refusing to acknowledge the shortcuts I was typing (keyboard just like graphic tablet buttons)

I assumed that was connected to CS6 being quite 'old and buggy' now so I downloaded CC today and the exact same issue occurs! (I didn't transfer any of the old CS6 settings, at least not to my knowledge.)

Please help, this has been angering me for the past couple months so badly (especially when using the eye dropper tool or undo a lot) and I couldn't find anyone to help me or who was experiencing the same issue.

My hardware is definitely functional as it is also new and I'm currently using macOS Sierra.

Thank you for reading!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of places to check that have impacted other users with the same issue:

• Do you have the latest driver for your tablet? Have you checked with their support?
  • Are there any other applications interfering with the keys? Common culprits are browsers, browser extensions and anti-virus applications. Try rebooting and only open Photoshop and see if it is still an issue. Pay attention to the apps that auto-load as well.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

I checked all of that and it's not happening as frequently anymore (which is definitely an improvement), but it is still happening (especially with the option-shortcut for the eye dropper). And does that mean I can't have any browsers open while using Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me occasionally. It has for a long time, on several totally unrelated and differently configured systems. If there's a common element triggering it I have no idea what that could be.

Anyway, I discovered that if I press ctrl-alt-shift-K, to bring up the keyboard shortcuts, and then just dismiss with OK - that particular shortcut always seems to work, and kickstart it back into operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And does that mean I can't have any browsers open while using Photoshop?

It's probably not all the browsers—if you pay attention, you may be able to figure out which one is the issue, if that is, in fact, what is going on. And certainly glad to hear that it is happening less frequently. What about your tablet driver? Is it up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm thinking that you have all the ingrediants that can add up to the so called White Window issue.

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines