Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.GIF loop (forever) freeze at last sec/frame

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I just made my first animated "video" in after effect and I wanted to convert this to GIF.

In After Effects I rendered in .mp4 then I dragged this file to photoshop and made these steps:

File -> Export -> Save For Web ( Legacy ) > and I select looping forever. Saved the file but when I open it at the last sec/frame it's freezed/stopped the loop, after 2-3 sec the animation start again.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

You are hitting a 500 frame limit on animated GIFs via save for web - the last frame has been extended to fill up the time. I doubt you gif needs to be played at (or indeed will play) at 60fps.  Try exporting from AE at a lower frame rate then make the GIF with less frames

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us a screen shot of the animation in Photoshop with both the layers panel and timeline visible?  It's easy to do.  Just copy top the clipboard, and paste to this thread with Ctrl v (Cmd v)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are hitting a 500 frame limit on animated GIFs via save for web - the last frame has been extended to fill up the time. I doubt you gif needs to be played at (or indeed will play) at 60fps.  Try exporting from AE at a lower frame rate then make the GIF with less frames

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I've had a look at your response. 

I've had the same issue that I'm trying to overcome. I had a look at my frame rates, and I am already on 10 atm. If I go any lower the gif wont play. Any suggestions? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It's working now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use 500 Frames or less.  IMO the only reason to use an animated gif is that you need the animation to have transparency.  MP4 video has better color support, better encoding and supports sound.  Here is a comparison of MP4 vs Photoshop generated animated gif. MP4 vs GIF 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines