Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Editing Stock Footage from RocketStock

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22.PNG

I am wondering if the group has ever delt with this situation before. I downloaded a paid for effect sequence from rocketstock.com to use called Ember, a burning logo reveal for AE

I figured out how to edit the logo and text but I am trying to figure out how to change the actual background. I think it can be done I just am probably not doing it correctly or going about it the wrong way. I have contacted the company but haven't heard back yet.

I have right clicked on the texture.jpg and the metal.jpg and choose replace footage which does replace those images but it turns the project screen black

Can anyone help or advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Some of the layers are hidden. Click on the Shy button to reveal them. This should reveal your hidden layers so you can then replace them. This should be in the instructions file that came with the template. If not, I would tell them it should be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the layers are hidden. Click on the Shy button to reveal them. This should reveal your hidden layers so you can then replace them. This should be in the instructions file that came with the template. If not, I would tell them it should be

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! The shy button was it! This is a pretty complicated build. I am messing with it trying to manipulate it like I want but my understanding of how it was built is sub par so it is taking me some time to figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are trying to figure out where resources are your best friend is the flow chart. You can expand it and instantly jump to any of the layers or effects with a double click - even if they are shy....

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 9.39.50 PM.png

A fairly complex explainer video with 12 nested comps and both the expanded comps have shy layers. You can drill down all the way to effects and source footage. I prefer left to right but you can configure the display any way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick! I was not even aware there was workflow in AE. Although the other night I think I stubbled onto it by accident and I thought what is this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, can you please mark the correct answer to make it easier for others to find the solution, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if you guys will see this or not but RocketStock emailed me back and said I can't really change any of the settings. Which is a complete lie because with your help I modified just about every setting and graphic I could. It took me several hours as I am still learning AE but it was worth it. The final product came out awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines