• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I recently lost all my 2k photos in one shot after I tried to switch to SD card

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I recently lost all my 2k photos in one shot after I tried to switch to SD card option. I am really super anxious right now as those are my clients work. I did not register any subscriptions as my trial was over. Now when I open the app again, I have 0 photos. None! Someone please help me! I'm not using any laptop or computer, only on Xiaomi Max phone. Android powered

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

themeshooter  wrote

Hi I recently lost all my 2k photos in one shot after I tried to switch to SD card option. I am really super anxious right now as those are my clients work. I did not register any subscriptions as my trial was over. Now when I open the app again, I have 0 photos. None! Someone please help me! I'm not using any laptop or computer, only on Xiaomi Max phone. Android powered

This belongs in a new thread. Please start a new thread, explain in MORE detail, and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved this to its own thread for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me see if I understand: you have about 2k pictures in your phone. Then you tryed to save the (new?) pictures to the SD card instead internal memory. And now you do not find back your pictures?

Why do you think this would be a Lightroom problem and not a phone problem?

(Ussnorway​: may I ask you to move this to Lr mobile... It‘s at most a Lr mobile problem. Thanks!)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It restarted my whole app, hence all data gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo  wrote

(Ussnorway : may I ask you to move this to Lr mobile... It‘s at most a Lr mobile problem. Thanks!)

verywell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried locating the photos using a file manager, or even Android File Transfer?

Did you shoot them with your phone?  What's your backup strategy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shot them with My canon EOS KissX9i camera. I didnt have any backup at all..I used Lightroom to keep all my photos inside

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you get them from the camera to the phone?  Have you tried browsing your phone's file system for the files?  Have you tried recovering the files from the SD cards that were in your camera?

This is such a painful lesson to learn, and if you've permanently lost client files it may well prove to be expensive.  You need a backup strategy - that's absolutely vital for anyone wishing to be taken seriously by clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines