• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select and mask in CC 2017 not working

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try Select and Mask I get a blank image in the Select and Mask screen. If I first Select the whole image, and then try Select and Mask, I then see the image in the Select and Mask screen (I have to use this same method with the Liquify tool), One I have the image viewable in the Select and Mask screen, when I try the Quick Select brush, the brush disappears while I'm pressing the mouse button to select areas. This make it almost impossible to use. When I release the mouse button I can see my brush and change the size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forst, why are you selecting the entire image. It's a lot easier to select the item then go into select and mask to refine it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cyberwasp is right bro !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking at the tutorial at the link below, and it didn't look like it was necessary to make a selection before using Select and Mask.

Easily and accurately select image areas |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not necessary to make a selection first - although you do have more options outside to start off (channel selections etc)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The blank screen on opening could be caused by the transparency slider being set to 100% , however the issue with the brush is not normal. So try this:

In Select and Mask, go to the right of the options bar - click the down arrow then click on Reset Select and Mask

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried it and I could see my brush on the first selection, but the brush was not visible after the first use. Only my mouse arrow is visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this is the problem I'm guessing..........Just try this: uncheck SHOW EDGE, uncheck SHOW ORIGINAL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines