• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot merge 2 3D Layers

Contributor ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I duplicated a layer, adjusted it and attempted to combine them, but the Merge Down option is grayed out.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the Photoshop forum due to other questions... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lounge Forum is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Illustrator or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies.

Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harrison,

You’ e posted in the non-technical Lounge area. Is this a Photoshop question? I can move this post to the Photoshop forum for you.

Also, if Photoshop, please show a screen shot of your Layers panel, with the top 3D layer selected, and the Merge Down option greyed out. This will help.

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging 3D is a Ps app so glad that it was moved there. Hopefully help will be fast! What version of Ps are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not with this version so there must be other aspects involved. Would you please give more detail as to what dydtem- Mac or PC. What is your RAM and video card? Have you had this issue before or has it worked but not now?

Sorry there are so many aspects that can cause issues so anything that you can supply information wise would help to define the problem,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its 6GB RAM, Windows.

Are you saying i should be able to just duplicate, select both then merge

them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to say due to the complexity of the 3D and so many other aspects but yes it should work. If you do not mind sharing your file I will be happy to see if I can find a cause. If the file size is not huge please post here or if you do not wish to share send to my email address: mail@truschgilbertdesign.com

I do what you are seeking pretty frequently and have had not issues... I am also on Mac but that should not be a cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have downloaded and will check out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Harrison, sorry for the delay. I opened your file this a.m. and had no issues with merging the two layers. I am not sure as to what the issue could be but checking to see if perhaps 6 GB of RAM is not enough. I will check this out and let you know and there are others here that might already know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines