• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 9 asks for password, extras to install then no menu

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently purchased a refurbished iMac computer (from Apple) and have installed my older version of CS4 Design Premium which includes Acrobat Pro 9. All the other programs have installed and are working correctly except for Acrobat Pro 9.

1. When opening, I am asked for my system password. After entering:

2. Acrobat can provide additional capabilities if you install Extras. Which of the following Extras would you like to install?

- Adobe PDF Printer: Create Adobe PDF files from any application by printing to Adobe PDF Printer.

- Adobe PDVViewer Safari Plugin: View, fill-in and collaborate on Adobe PDF's within Safari.

3. Both are checked and tick "Continue"

4. Nothing happens, no pdf is opened and the top menu ONLY has "Acrobat" which does not have a drop down menu.

5. I have to force quit.

After reading advise from the forums, I have:

1. Uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat 9

2. Added a PDF printer, created Adobe PDF files as per the instructions

But still having the same issue (password, Install Extras, then no pdf or no menu and have to force quit)

Would appreciate any help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple stopped supporting the Adobe PDF virtual printer a long time ago, so unless your computer also has a very old OS version, you're not going to be able to install it. You should also expect other issues with this old version of Acrobat if that's the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LJ Penner, I have been having the same issue. My Mac is running OS X El Capitan (10.11.6) and has the rest of CS5 installed and working properly. Have you been able to fix the problem?

(On a side note, the whole reason I need Adobe 9 Pro is to print a PDF from Word that includes the whole page. The default "save as PDF" method, through the "save as" or "print" menus cuts the file off at the margins. What was the other PDF printer you installed?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is not compatible with your OS version. Problems are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@try67 If the rest of CS5 works very well, shouldn't Acrobat 9? I was under the impression that the system requirement was a minimum requirement.  Do you think a newer version of acrobat would still be compatible with my CS5?

@LJ Penner After reinstalling it, forcing a quit, and reopening it, it is now ready for a serial number (which I still need to get). Have you tried reopening the program after you force it to quit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines