Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC - No pen pressure with Bamboo One tablet with the Spot healing brush

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Photoshop General Discussion .]

I have searched the forums on this issue. Most questions relate to how to turn off pen pressure for the healing brush. My question is just the opposite. I would like to use pen pressure with the spot healing brush. Pen pressure works on almost all of the other brushes except for this one. So pen pressure is a feature that is working.

If I pull up the brush properties for this brush, everything is grayed out.

It doesn't matter whether the brush pressure icon is on or off in the brush properties ribbon. I still don't have brush pressure.

I think brush pressure is supposed to work with the healing brush but it isn't working for me

Wacom Bamboo One Tablet CTF-430

Windows 10

PS CC

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to configure you system, Photoshop and you wacom tablet so they all work together in harmony and peace.  The versions of Photoshop you are using is very important.  If you use any old versions of Photoshop you will need to configure  your tablet not to use Microsoft INK API for pen support with Photoshop.  You will need to configure newer CC version of Photoshop to use Wintab API and you have to configure Windows 10 Pen and Touch  press and hold not to interfere with pen support. I am very surprised you could not fine any information of getting pen pressure to work there are many threads on that subject in this Photoshop forum alone.  Google will be able to find others on other sites.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wacom+pen+pressure+not+working+photoshop&oq=Wacon+Pen+presure&aqs=ch...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using PS CC 2017

Nothing to configure here in regards to Windows 10 INK services.

I have tried using PSUserConfig.txt with the following contents:

# AllowRTS

uRTS 1

UseSystemStylus 1

UseSystemStylus 0

None of these 3 configurations have any affect.

Brush Tool still works with pen pressure,

Spot Healing Brush Tool does not

Most of the Windows 10 INK services references I see are all or nothing. I have some brushes that work and some (Spot Healing Brush Tool) that don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the latest Wacon drivers I have ans Intuou Pro it has settini in its Pen mappinf.  I turn off INK for Photoshop for I have some old PS version that onle support Wintab.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bamboo Ink Stylus,  Bamboo Ink Stylus Driver 7.3.4-36 (Win10) won't install because device not found.

Latest Drivers, Windows - Driver 6.3.24-5 (Win 7, 8 and 10*) will install and I get this

But turning the Windows Ink Workspace on or off has no effect.

I also get this:

It doesn't recognize my Bamboo One.

Under Wacom Display Settings I get this:

If I search Wacom for Bamboo drivers, I find nothing. I can try loading all the previous drivers and hope for a hit or search outside of Wacom for drivers, but JJ, I have nothing close to the interface that you (and others) are working with.

I still don't understand why pen pressure works for some brushes and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see when you click on the brush in the options bar ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had this problem with my partner's laptop. Turned out that the windows 10 INK services that run on the operating system root level conflict with some of wacom controls. You'll need to go configure in the Wacom utility and if like our case, disable INK services in the windows control settings.

Do a google search for disabling Windows INK if you think that might be the culprit, it was for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark

I tried disabling using Turn System Icons On or Off to no effect.

Did you have to use the Regedit method?

I have not tried that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines