Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Version Of ACR Causing problems with PS CC

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

All hardware, drivers, software etc are fully up to date.

Yet since the latest version of ACR 9.12.1 I have had nothing but problems with PS constantly telling me to update my graphics drivers, turn of open CL etc.

The only solution at this stage is to manually replace the ACR 9.12.1 plug-in with an earlier version, I`m currently using version 8.5, its the only stand alone version I can find, are there any that are more recent ? if there are I would appreciate some links.

Adobes tec people could not fix this, at the moment it seems my only option is to sit it out and wait for a fix an update or something.

Any body else having problems like this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you just uncheck "use graphics processor" in Camera Raw (not Photoshop) preferences?

You don't normally need it - it's mostly (if not only) intended to speed up screen redraw with 4K/5K monitors.

acr_2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-applied ACR 9.12.1 and even with the performance (use graphics processor) the problems still persist.

close.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I`m in the process of doing a fresh re-install of Ps and I will try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the timing isn't a coincidence? This sounds like a video driver update to a buggy version, and it's hard to see why ACR should trigger it. Can you roll back to a previous driver that worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I reinstalled Ps including ACR 9.12.1 and I am getting the same problems.

raw plugin latest.jpg

Drivers are totally up to date, these were released just a few days ago, I`ve rolled back, tried different versions etc, nothing cures this.

My only cure at the moment is to replace the ACR 9.12.1 plugin with an earlier version, all I have found to use is ACR 8.5 and this has now been re-applied, Ps now works as it should and it is as fast as ever, the problem for me is ACR 9.12.1.

temp cure 2.jpg

This is a strange issue, the first time ever in using Ps CC I`ve had a problem at all and I have been using CC for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have made changes to the latest version of ACR, hence the new tick box concerning performance at the bottom, although the tick box makes no difference.

Adobe needs to be looking at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stumbled upon this, not sure if his problem was ever cured though.

Photoshop: Crash since Camera Raw update 9.12 | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

The tick box for using the GPU in ACR is not new - it has been there for a few versions now. I have an AMD card here (HD7970 3GB) and it is stable with the AMD 17.7.2 driver. You may want to try that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are probably correct

I`ve had no reason to check and disable until these problems started, I could only compare this against ACR 5.5 that does not have this feauture, I would try a few later plug-ins if I could find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry forgot to add, I still had the same problems going back to that AMD driver.

What I need is a working plug in, guess the most recent just does not like my card although its still supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a near the bottom of this page for camera raw 9.7 (I couldn't find one for 9.8-9.11)

Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That`s great thanks, installed and running

camera raw 9.7.jpg

It also works just fine with use graphics processor ticked.

camera raw 9.7 preferences.jpg

I`ll keep an eye on Ps and then report back.

It`s just a case of the latest plugin will just not work with my machine, looks like some bug concerning my graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines