• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't have the "Send to Illustrator" option.

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I hit the share button I don't get a send to Illustrator or Photoshop option. I would like to transfer my mobile files to the PC.

I'm logged into my account and I can see the same cloud files I see on the PC. I use Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC all the time.

I'm using an Android operating system on a Google Pixel phone. I've had the same problem on the last couple versions of Adobe Draw.

Any ideas???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Hi Brent.

Maybe a dumb question but I just want to make sure...  Are you using the Share icon (underlined arrow) in the upper nav of an open drawing (make sure you can see all your drawing tools)? That's the one with the option to Send to Illustrator CC.

If that's the icon you're tapping, and still not seeing it, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? (You can send it through the in-app feedback if it's easier.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent.

Maybe a dumb question but I just want to make sure...  Are you using the Share icon (underlined arrow) in the upper nav of an open drawing (make sure you can see all your drawing tools)? That's the one with the option to Send to Illustrator CC.

If that's the icon you're tapping, and still not seeing it, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing? (You can send it through the in-app feedback if it's easier.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that is not a dumb question. Every instruction I read was pretty vague and just said to press the share button but never showed it or described it. Because this is the icon for share in many, many other applications I assumed this was it. Your description of the share button helped.

Screenshot_20171001-205322.png

In fact it does "share" it by publishing but doesn't have the send to Illustrator option I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Brent.

It's super common on iOS to choose the wrong Share icon because they're both the same, so I was hesitant to ask; at the time it didn't occur to me that the reason it's confusing on Android is because the Share icon is different than what's expected.  It makes perfect sense, for the reasons you mentioned, that it's confusing and I'll share your comments with the Draw team.

Glad I asked and glad things are working.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines