Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

How to target on browser Language using Expression Targets?

Level 1

Hi there

I want to target base on browser language (ex. German) but are not sure how to create a correct Expression-Target for this?

Not sure if user.header or user.browser should be used and how the correct syntax should look like? Then there is also user.header('accept-language') and user.header('accept') which both seem to fit somehow?

I created these 3 Expression Targets but am not sure about which one is correct?

1.return user.header('accept-language')=="de";

2.return (user.header.indexOf('de') != -1);

3. return (user.browser.indexOf('de') != -1);

thanks for your help.

Nicolas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe Community.

I would request you to kindly try and use the below code and see if it helps:

return user.header('accept-language').indexOf('de') > -1

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe Community.

I would request you to kindly try and use the below code and see if it helps:

return user.header('accept-language').indexOf('de') > -1

Thanks!

Level 1

Do you know when this list of languages will be increased as it is incredibly restricted.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 14.04.29.png

Level 10

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Target community .

Can you please let us know the browser language on which you want to base your targeting activity?

Regards

Parit

Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to do something similar, but with language and locale.

What exactly does the user.header('accept-language') get?  usually the accept language has locale and factor weighting included.  Accept-Language - HTTP | MDN

for example if i wanted to create a profile script differentiating england from united states for english, i would need to parse the language and locale.   would the user.header("accept-language") give me "en-gb" or "en-us"?

Does using console.log work for debugging these scripts?  It is difficult to use the built in target parameters without know exactly what it provides.

any help would be much appreciated!

Gyles Fohl