• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Pressure Not working

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS6 64 bit with a Microsoft Surface 3 tablet with the Superadapter Precision Surface Pen Digitizer Stylus. There are no drivers for this stylus.  It is supposed to have 384 levels of pressure sensitivity. If I select the pencil tool and open the brush tip menu, select "Shape Dynamics", and set the Control to "Pen Pressure", a yellow triangle with the '!' appears to the left of the word "Control", indicating it is not allowed. When trying to draw, I can see there is no pressure sensitivity. I know the problem is NOT the tablet, or the stylus, as the pressure sensitivity does work with another app that came preloaded on the tablet, called "Fresh Paint".

I did try another fix, which did not work, where I saved a file called PSUserConfig.txt with the text in it showing "UseSystemStylus 0" and saved in the [drv]Users->[user]->AppData->Roaming->Adobe->Adobe Photoshop CS6->Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings. As mentioned, it did not work. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Hi jdavida ,

The yellow exclamation mark in the "Shape dynamics" window shows that the tablet pressure sensitivity is not getting detected by Photoshop. Take a look at this article Photoshop won't recognize tablet pen pressure. Have tried everything. Help? and let us know if that helps.

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jdavida ,

The yellow exclamation mark in the "Shape dynamics" window shows that the tablet pressure sensitivity is not getting detected by Photoshop. Take a look at this article Photoshop won't recognize tablet pen pressure. Have tried everything. Help? and let us know if that helps.

Thanks.

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines