• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AA 3.0.1

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a registered user of AA 3.0.1 using Win 7 Professional.  Recently, I have had difficulty in getting my Waves VST plugins (9.6 shell) to load (they disappear

when scanning for other companies such as iZotope or Eventide).  I go back in and put the Waves folder to search from and then I get dialog boxes stating certain RX 6 tools won't load which were there before but at least my Waves show up.  If I start up AA holding down Shift, will that reset AA back to program defaults and if yes, might that solve my issue? Further, if I uninstalled and reinstalled AA 3.0, would the software key that came with the program allow me to register with Adobe?  Thank you for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobkroeger@aol.com  wrote

Further, if I uninstalled and reinstalled AA 3.0, would the software key that came with the program allow me to register with Adobe?

I don't know about your VST issues, but I can tell you definitively that you won't be able to re-register your software; the registration server was switched off years ago. There is a solution though - read this FAQ and follow the instructions carefully: Audition 3 and the activation service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thank you.  Am I correct that if I wanted to restore AA 3.0.1 to default settings, I would hold down Shift as I click on the program icon?  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is one way of doing it. However if you want to preserve any custom settings/presets it is better to just rename the AA3 settings folder so that Audition creates a new default one when next opened. And you can then try to copy over your customisation to the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I'm pretty certain the version of AA3 I'm using has the SN that Adobe gave me after the authorization was no longer in effect.  If I used my installation disc, could I use this assigned SN and have the program work or must I download the program from the Adobe site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobkroeger@aol.com  wrote

Thank you!  I'm pretty certain the version of AA3 I'm using has the SN that Adobe gave me after the authorization was no longer in effect.  If I used my installation disc, could I use this assigned SN and have the program work or must I download the program from the Adobe site?

I doubt it, and I'm not aware that Adobe handed out any serial numbers after they'd effectively put AA3 in the public domain. To get a version with an existing serial number to work would require on-line authentication, so unless the file they sent you was identical to the one on the website, it won't work anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thank you.  In the 'About AA3.0.1, it does show a consecutive number SN (no dashes).  Out of curiosity, can you make the most recent version of AA look like the Edit View of 3.0.1?  I use AA as a waveform editor and don't need any multitrack use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get reasonably close, yes... Audition 3:

Audition 3 Edit view.JPG

Current release version:

Audition latest Edit view.JPG

You can nudge the spectral view off the screen entirely if you want, but essentially in Edit view, Audition 3 works more or less the same as it does in the current release, certainly in terms of basic editing; there isn't any significant difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, thank you for showing me the Edit View of AA CC 2017.  I can't seem to get to the AA 3.0 download link.  The link you provided me from above takes me to CS 2.  Thank you for any help with this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love Adobe's numbering confusion.

Back when it was AA3.01, Audition wasn't part of the Creative Suite it had the 3.01 number.  However, on a timeline, 3.01 was contemporary with CS2 so they've put the downloads Steve mentioned on the CS2 pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines