• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Selection Missing? Help Please.

Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a few weeks now I do not now what I did..

I am working on my Photoshop CC on my macbook pro

Usually when I select something in photoshop it gave me an outline of the selection and also I could rise and what not the objet on the selection ..

So now when I go back to do that there is no boarder or selection or outline.... I wonder what I DID TO MAKE THAT GO AWAY...I NEED IT BACK ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

and so that is my issue..

How can I FIX THIS? URGENT PLEASE>......
HELP>>>>>??????//////////

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

When you are in the select tool, on the control panel - is the Show Transform Controls unchecked? If so, click it.Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 9.33.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO you mean that when you make a selection that the marching ants no longer show? Perhaps you accidentally hid selection? Cmd/Ctrl+H if so, just hit those keys again and it will show the selection again. As for "also I could rise and what not the objet on the selection" I don't know what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oks I will place it out with pictures...

Yes when you make a selection on photoshop

I used to get the Dotted line where the Item is.... Now its no longer there..

I have restarted my system 5 times now and no luck...
I have open various projects and its is not there...
Hmmm.. I do not want to go to the long process of clean install and so on...
Can anyone help me fix it?
And yes I did try the CMD+H /& or/(CTRL+H) and no luck

Here is my picture of a select layer but the item itself is not selected its like gone some how?

picture 1:

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 5.50.53 PM.png

As you can see I have selected the Computer and still no go no dotted line or what not like I used to have!

Now if I go to Edit then to Transform and Select SCALE i then can see the LINE but just to scale not to move around and what not...

picture 2:
Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 5.51.13 PM.png

As you can see now the Computer is selected but with a complete line to SCALE not like the DOTTED LINE I NEED when I SELECT ANYTHING IN PHOTOSHOP When ITS MY WORK..... Hmmm so what did I DO WORNG?

ANY ONE?

its like a cross and a circle also inside when you select and image... Do you all catch my drift?
Sorry but thats the best i can do as to explaining this issue.
Hope this works?

AND WE CAN GET ME ON THE ROAD AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can get more about selections from Make quick selections in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not what I mean but thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now here is a picture I found on the internet of the selection

You can see on the top

The Selection as if I were to SCALE it or RIZE IT Picture 1Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 6.14.56 PM.png

And the Crosshair in the middle Picture 2Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 6.15.06 PM.png

but now when i select insert and image or a layer it wont come up any more... thats what I need to my photoshop to show AGAIN!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are in the select tool, on the control panel - is the Show Transform Controls unchecked? If so, click it.Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 9.33.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES IN DEED YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
THANK YOU!!!

Very much this is what I needed I have no clue on what and when I deactivated the Show TRANSFORM Controls. Mama Mia!

This is the ANSWER THIS WAS A GREAT HELP! ALL OF YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOU TIME!!!

I used the caps because I AM HAPPY! YEEEY!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad I could help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines