Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My ripple delete doesn't work

Sep 01, 2013 Sep 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Can you tell me what my funckiton called "RIPPLE DELETE" is not working anymore?

I don't know how to fix this.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/5801/d18d.png

Please help. Second screen:

http://i.imgur.com/KUXrjpK.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

ONE ARROW I have.

OK, that's normal for CS6 and earlier.  It selects only one track, and you need to hold down SHIFT to select all tracks.  Then you will see it change to a double arrow.

CC changed this so that now all tracks (double arrow) is the default, and you hit SHIFT to select only one track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6.  I also noticed that I have this time events below (audio) and above my timeline. But... I want that 2 things ALSO to be rippled. So... how to do this in Premiere Pro? In Sony Vegas which I know wery well is special option for this. But I don't know how to do in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated to CS6.0.5?

Help > Updates...

Editing With The Ripple And Rolling Edit Tools

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-pro-cs6/editing-with-the-ripple-and-rolling-edit-tools/

Learning the Tools 1: Trim & Ripple Edit

http://library.creativecow.net/devis_andrew/Learning-the-tools-1/1

Premiere Pro CS5-CS6 Reference

(.pdf 12 MB download)

http://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere_pro_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this is an error or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2013 Sep 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason Ripple Delete doesn't work is because there are clips on other tracks that would prevent the ripple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Jim Simon, I know it but in Sony Vegas Pro we can move the all by special function. So I want to know hot to do the same in Premiere Pro. I have many tracks above and below but I still want to use ripple delete to all of my clips move along somewhere. How to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Toggle Sync Button, next to the eye (video) speaker (audio)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't move all tracks.  It just throws things out of sync for the unlocked tracks.

To move all clips, the Track Select tool works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I use track select tool and look what happened: : http://i.imgur.com/xqWstzB.png

See that YELLOW audio track is still in it's first place. "Kaszeta formatu" event above is working by using that tool. Every event is moving now to the left but this in yellow box is not. It still is in it's first place and does not move. So why this is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, Track Select only selects everything to the right of the selection point, nothing to the left.

You may have to select manually all the items you want moved.  Shift allows multiple selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option is mark and in and out point and use extract.  It will remove everything on every sync locked track between those points but works when ripple delete won't because there is something in the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I select everything! I use this tool on first clip on tle left so an audio track should be added to move. But it isn't. So what now?

David, I can't understand you. Please, explain it again, better to understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you clicked, did you have one arrow or two for the track select tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ONE ARROW I have. Hey, this option doesn't work AT ALL. This is not working.

How to do what I want?
I never seen a two arrows in Adobe premiere in my life...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Tools Icons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ONE ARROW I have.

OK, that's normal for CS6 and earlier.  It selects only one track, and you need to hold down SHIFT to select all tracks.  Then you will see it change to a double arrow.

CC changed this so that now all tracks (double arrow) is the default, and you hit SHIFT to select only one track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works! Thanks! But I had to know to inserta A SHIFT key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem 😃 thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this saved me when I couldn't figure out why exactly my video and audio kept desyncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually thought I was losing my mind with this.

Thanks!

____

Stay Rad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm realizing I'm digging up a relatively old forum string here, but I continue to run into some odd inconsistencies with the basic functionality of trimming, and things in the land of ripple delete. Most notably, why when trimming when using Command drag left/right will move some assets in the timeline, but not all of the assets in a time line.

I've included a very short video describing what I'm running into. Oddly, in the example, ripple delete works, but NOT command drag...and I just don't quite understand what the issue is. This has gotten quite a bit harrier when working on more complex sequences...because I'll be moving along in a particular area of the timeline, not knowing I'm making all kinds of stuff out of sync later on.

Dropbox - ripple.mp4

Is this a bug, or just some kind of user error on my part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was having the same problem, and found that by locking all other layers of audio, I was able to then ripple delete clips. Just lick on the lock to the left of the audio that you don't want to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

awesome!!! It helped me as well!! thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

youre a god, it worked. thank you SO much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if there's a green audio track under/touching a blue audio track that's linked to a video clip, the ripple function will not work. I dropped my green audio down one track so they were no longer touching and ripple delete worked again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines