• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

shortcut other than ctrl_shift_alt_E and ctrl_J ?

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm working on shortcut in ACTIONS --- a general way, instead of in a specific case, of making stamp layer.

The thing is, if there's only one layer "background",  ctrl_shift_alt_E won't work, if the current layer is a adjusting layer, ctrl_J won't work.

So, is there any way to solve/consider the above two situcations at the same time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

What are you expecting on the new layer? Blank, a copy of the image, a composite of all layers, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you expecting on the new layer? Blank, a copy of the image, a composite of all layers, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I know now: new layer, then Apply Image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I always record it this  Alt+Ctrl+Shift+N+E that is actually two shortcuts combined together

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+N Add new layer without Prompt

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+E Stamp Visible layers

The layer may not get added to the top of the stack when the action is played. It depends on the document stack target. So I through in an insert menu Item Layer>Arrange>Bring to front.

If recording the action the stamp visible layer is not on top without stopping and inserting the menu item you can record its shortcut

Shift+Ctrl+]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines