• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble editing Adobe pdf?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2017.012.20098) on my iMac (Sierra, 10.12.6) , and Adobe Acrobat (17.07.27) on iPad (10.3.3).  Until a few weeks ago I was able to take a two-page pdf document, make a copy, and leave one with page one only, and the second with page two only.  Each pdf would have its own name.  I could also move pages around in other pdf documents via use of thumbnails.  Very quick and very easy!  Neither task now works.  It seems that the only way to do this now is purchase Adobe Acrobat Pro DC or Acrobat Standard DC with a required annual commitment and monthly subscription of either $15 or $12.  Is there another option?  The occasional need to revise documents in this manner does not justify that expense.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Standard is not available for Mac, only Pro. But the fact is, nothing has changed on Adobe's side. The free software never did this. So we can help you figure out what changed in your side, what can you tell us about HOW you split the PDFs? Everything you can remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sheet music, pdf format, for a tune in two keys - one for D and a second for G.  Since we sometimes choose one over the other, I prefer to have the two in separate PDF's.  These are run through Dropbox and then to DDGigbag to give us set lists and music on iPads or tablets...much easier than hauling heavy 3-ring binders of paper.

In past I have taken original two-page pdf, then "saved as" giving second version a different name. Open each individually and delete the page not needed.  Example: first one containing D and G - delete second page and rename document as "D".  Second one containing D and G - delete first page and rename document as "G".  That gives two documents, one with tune in key of D only, and second in key of G only.  This approach DID work until recently.

And with larger documents, not necessarily sheet music, it was possible using thumbnail approach to merge pages from other documents into another document and/or rearrange them.  That also worked until recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Acrobat Reader could NEVER delete pages, and NEVER drag thumbnails between documents, so you must have had something else instead. I suspect it was Acrobat Pro. But to be sure, can you tell us what steps you followed to delete a page? Also, did you only recently download Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of recently downloading the Reader but am unable to go back to verify if that happened.  Periodic notices come through to "update" Adobe, and I follow those suggestions although not knowing exactly what the updates involve.  Perhaps one of those negated whatever version did exist?  No way of knowing.

I searched for "Insert and organize pages in a PDF" and what appears describes what I WAS able to do; it refers to "Adobe Acrobat DC", not Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard.  Article can be found at Insert and organize pages in a PDF |

That said, and knowing this task was once possible, any suggestion on accomplishing this task would be appreciated.  The expense of a subscription and monthly fee is not something I can justify, given the infrequent need to make such changes to pdf's.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The article is correct. "Adobe Acrobat DC" means Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard. It does not mean Acrobat Reader.

If the task was once possible then you once had paid-for software installed. Very possibly you still do... What do you see in the Applications folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines