Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera rotation & focus on text

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Glad to be a part of this community. I am new to after effects. I had watched a kinetic typography tutorial where I saw the camera being rotated towards vertically placed text. There was a keyboard shortcut via which you could select the text and camera so that both were aligned. Unfortunately I forgot to bookmark the YouTube video. And can't find it anymore. Would be great if you could tell me what I should be doing. Thank you very much.

Dushyant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Tutorial must have used Centre in view Shortcut.

Shortcut is CMD + Home in MAC (if you have mac laptop than use FN + Left arrow for home key) or Ctrl + Home in windows.

You can also select the layers and Right Click > Transform > Centre In View  or choose from Main menu > Layers > Transform > Centre In View.

Screenshot for Reference -

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 9.52.44 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the layer menu. In the last versions a feature was added to align the camera with a selected layer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That technique may solve a problem for a moment but if you are using a 2 axis camera you are going to run into gimbal lock and all kinds of other problems very quickly.

You should spend some time learning the right way of arranging your layers (actors) in 3D space (on the stage) and moving the camera. In the same way a director blocks a scene it's a lot easier to move the actors into position than it is to move the camera. Moving the camera is easier if the actors don't move. Move both and you need to be really good at your job or you end up with a bunch of takes that need to be redone before you get it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Rick Gerard. I totally agree with you. I think i'll go though a few tutorials on layer management & how the camera functions in AE. !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, Thank you. Will check this.:) !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tutorial must have used Centre in view Shortcut.

Shortcut is CMD + Home in MAC (if you have mac laptop than use FN + Left arrow for home key) or Ctrl + Home in windows.

You can also select the layers and Right Click > Transform > Centre In View  or choose from Main menu > Layers > Transform > Centre In View.

Screenshot for Reference -

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 9.52.44 AM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey vishuagg19, Thank you. This helps. what i was looking for is something like what Videocopilot's - Sure Target does. Will try this too.:) !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines