Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manage Account Access In Adobe CC

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

When I open  Adobe Creative Cloud from my desktop shortcut, the below window appears on the screen.

When I click on the faceless avatar(?) at the top right corner, it opens a smaller window with my name, email address and a "manage account" option showing.

When I click on the manage account, nothing happens.

Should I be able to manage my account from here?

Adobe CC.JPG

Also, I was going to uninstall a program from my computer and when I went to do that, it shows that I have Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 installed twice in my list of programs.

The programs are basically the same file size and the install dates are about 7 months apart.

I didn't install Photoshop twice and even if I did, why didn't the second install override the first install?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should open a browser window to https://accounts.adobe.comā€‹ but you might have some setting (eg, no default browser selected) that prevents that.  it's no significant issue.

i don't see anything in your ss to suggest there are two ps identical versions installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are right about not having a default browser.

I'll assign one and see if that fixes things.

Not sure what you mean by "ss" but this is what shows in my list of programs.Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss = screenshot.

the ss in message 2 shows two different versions (18.0.0 and 18.1.1).  if you don't need both, uninstall the one you don't want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to uninstall the 18.0.0 version and the below window opens when I click on uninstall.

I've tried both choices and 18.0.0 versions still shows in my list of programs after trying each one.

By the way, your suggestion about picking a default browser fixed the first issue in my original post.

Thanks

Photoshop Uninstall.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check to see if 18.0.0 is installed.

if it's not installed: Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application lists uninstalled Adobe apps as up to date

if it is installed, use the control panel to uninstall it and then use the above link, if needed, to fix the desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check to see if 18.0.0 is installed?

According to the "About Photoshop CC" under the help tab in the Photoshop App, I have the current version of Photoshop.

It doesn't say 18.0.0 or 18.1.1.

It says what you see in the below SS.

Current Photoshop CC Version.JPG

I've tried to uninstall the 18.0.0 version using the uninstaller method in the control panel but, it doesn't really do anything except show that window I included in my previous post.

I'm not really sure how to access the starting point in step two from the link you provided in your previous response.

Windows: Locate the OPM.db file in the \Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE folder. To view the hidden AppData folder, see Show hidden files and folders in Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP.

Windows 7 Pro is my OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2017 Oct 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check program files/adobe/ and look for adobe photoshop subdirectories

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the file version of Photoshop currently installed on my computer.

The full file version number is 18.1.1.252

Version 18.0.0 is not listed in the Photoshop sub directories under program files.01.JPG

18.0.0 is not listed under Photoshop program files on the C drive but yet it's listed in the "programs and features" section of the uninstall or change program in the control panel. This is how it appears before I attempt the uninstall process.

02.JPG

This is the start of the uninstall.

03 (2).JPG

This is the window that pops up when I click on uninstall.

Doesn't matter what option I pick, it ends up being the same "uninstall" result with either option chosen.

03.JPG

This is what the uninstall window looks like during the process. The progress bar goes from 0% to 100% very quickly.

04.JPG

This is how it looks in the programs and features list of the add / remove programs in the control panel after uninstall is used and a computer restart.

Note that the normal looking Photoshop icon isn't being displayed now.

05.JPG

This is how it looks in the program files on the C drive after uninstall and computer restart.

Photoshop was listed prior to doing the uninstall.

06.JPG

This is how things looked after reinstalling Photoshop.

It's version 18.1.1

07.JPG

What it shows in the programs and features list in the control panel.

Both versions are showing again.

08.JPG

Program files on the C drive after reinstall.

09.JPG

Sorry about such a long post but I just wanted to show what I have done in trying to get rid of that 18.0.0 version being listed.

I find it very odd that I can't get rid of it.

If it's not installed, why is it listed?

I'm also finding that Photoshop is not working as smoothly as it was very recently.

Noticed that issue before I tried doing any uninstall ad re installs of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it's not installed. click the appropriate link in mesage 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't delete the OPM.db file.

I get the following message when I attempt to delete it.

I have signed out of Adobe before attempting to delete. 

File.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

close your all your cc processes. ie, use task manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be a bit more specific regarding all CC processes.

When I open processes in the task manager, I see various Adobe processes and various Creative Cloud processes listed.

Adobe and CC run in tandem do they not?

Do I end all of them or is there a specific one I should be looking for that will close everything?

As an example, will the below close what needs to be closed?

CC.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

end all of them.

follow the suggestions

restart your computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Closed all Adobe and CC programs in task manager.

Was able to delete the opm.db file.

Logged back in Adobe CC as suggested in the link you supplied in message 5.

Went back to the list of programs in the add/uninstall program in control panel.

Both versions of Photoshop are still listed in programs and features of the add/uninstall program in the control panel.

Tried to uninstall again and still getting the same result.

Version 18.0.0 will not remove from the list of programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

I'll give that a try.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines