• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio problem in After Effects cc 2017

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried everything on the forums but i still cant fix it.

All preview settings have audio on, and the output is to the headphones.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

I had this same issue - all settings said that the audio should be working, and it only stopped working after updating to the latest CC (2017 to 2018)

I tried rolling back to the older version of After Effects, but my project had been updated and was no longer compatible.

Seeing as I already had uninstalled AE2018, I decided to just nuke everything - I fully uninstalled all versions of AE, reinstalled AE2018, deleted preferences (hold ctrl + alt + shift while AE starts) and deleted the whole disk

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help.. please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked under Edit>Preferences>Audio Output Mapping / Audio Hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ahmeda,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a repost: am urgently trying to get some help...

I've been reading post after post and still have not been able to solve the AE no-audio problem. My audio playback devices in Windows are fine; I can hear all media in other applications But I get no audio in After Effects, and this has only been happening since I moved from CS5 to cc2017. (Don't even get me started on Creative Cloud and other CC issues, the list is looooong :/)

Please see the attached screen shots; each one is addressed to a solution that has solved the issue for other users.

- Windows Audio Playback is correctly configured; device (LifeChat headset) is working properly

- AE Audio Playback prefs match Windows Audio Playback device

- AE Audio Preview is enabled (blue)

Capture_windows_playback.JPGcapture_AE_audio_playback_prefs.JPGCapture_audio_preview.JPG

What else could be causing this?  Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue - all settings said that the audio should be working, and it only stopped working after updating to the latest CC (2017 to 2018)

I tried rolling back to the older version of After Effects, but my project had been updated and was no longer compatible.

Seeing as I already had uninstalled AE2018, I decided to just nuke everything - I fully uninstalled all versions of AE, reinstalled AE2018, deleted preferences (hold ctrl + alt + shift while AE starts) and deleted the whole disk cache and media cache and remapped them to new locations.

And now my audio is working as expected!

It does appear to be a bug that Adobe needs to look into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mitchbrien_ls  wrote

Wait -- you mean After Effects no longer allows you to backsave to the previous version?

Screwed by Adobe again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, but at that point I had already uninstalled AE2018, so I couldn't open my project to backsave it. I was in a better position to just reset everything.

Saving down a version and just using a working release of AE would have been the next step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do other applications on the same system output audio?

What format is your source file that contains audio?

Is audio turned on in the Preview panel?

Please post a screen grab of your audio preferences in After Effects, and of your audio settings in Windows Control Panel or Mac System Prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I desperately need help to solve this; am under an incredible deadline. 

I've been reading post after post and still have not been able to solve the AE no-audio problem. My audio playback devices in Windows are fine; I can hear all media in other applications But I get no audio in After Effects, and this has only been happening since I moved from CS5 to cc2017. (Don't even get me started on Creative Cloud and other CC issues, the list is looooong :/)

Please see the attached screen shots; each one is addressed to a solution that has solved the issue for other users.

- Windows Audio Playback is correctly configured; device (LifeChat headset) is working properly

- AE Audio Playback prefs match Windows Audio Playback device

- AE Audio Preview is enabled (blue)

Capture_windows_playback.JPGcapture_AE_audio_playback_prefs.JPGCapture_audio_preview.JPG

What else could be causing this?  Thanks for any help that you can offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. Latest version of AE as of today (11 Oct 2018). All windows updates to date.

Same clip works 100% with Preier with full audio playback, so no issues with the machine or clip.

I have tried multiple clips in AE. It show the audio being played back, but just no sound.

Preferences all the same throughout the Adobe suite.

Help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines