• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Layered Tif Crashes After Opening

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randomly after saving a layered tif file and closing, when reopening the file, the file will crash Photoshop immediately. When loading the file, all photoshop layers will appear before crashing.

If I cannot reopen the file, I will be forced to recreate; a process which took days.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252

Windows 10 x64

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Thanks.

The tif opened without problems for me, saving it with different compression setting did not seem to cause issues, either.

(Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.6)

I would recommend that you switch to psb for files larger than 2GB for the time being.

You could also search »recover corrupted psd files« but in this case the image does not actually seem to be damaged and you might be better off running through the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working. Nearly all files open fine, but the few PS randomly decides to save and not be able to reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working.

What exactly does this mean?

Can you provide a file for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

The tif opened without problems for me, saving it with different compression setting did not seem to cause issues, either.

(Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Operating System: Mac OS 10.12.6)

I would recommend that you switch to psb for files larger than 2GB for the time being.

You could also search »recover corrupted psd files« but in this case the image does not actually seem to be damaged and you might be better off running through the general trouble-shooting catalogue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Another possible issue: Do you work locally or across a network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work off a Drobo connected through usb. Transferring the file off the Drobo and onto a local drive also did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found it. It's a third-party plug-in causing the issue.

ExtensisFontManagementPSCC2017x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you save the layered files as tif and not psd or psb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tif files are more universal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines