Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cropping An Image

Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have an image which is a.psd file and I would like to drag the crop area out so it fits the image perfectly.  At some point the image has been cropped down, but thankfully they seem to have kept most of the original image underneath the crop so to speak. 

I can't for the life of me drag the crop out so it fits the original image though - i've tried ratio, original ratio etc.

Is there no way of just dragging out each of the edges of the crop individually so they snap to the image edges? It's driving me slightly mad.

Many thanks for any help.

Paul.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Image > Reveal All?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that doesn't do anything, as in the image i have is the entire image.

I just want to be able to move each edge of the crop individually.  I'm thinking this can't be done though?

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that doesn't do anything, as in the image i have is the entire image.

Your statement

At some point the image has been cropped down, but thankfully they seem to have kept most of the original image underneath the crop so to speak.

seemed to indicate that there was off canvas content.

By now it seems I do not understand what you are talking about, so please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Options Bar, …) visible, with the Layer selected and the Move Tool set to »Show Transform Controls«.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean when I select the crop tool, it reveals more of the image, but the revealed image seems to have been cropped before this as well and some pixels look like they've been removed.

Anyway, in terms of my original question, I'm guessing you can't move the edges of the crop area individually to snap to the image bounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Anyway, in terms of my original question, I'm guessing you can't move the edges of the crop area individually to snap to the image bounds?

Once again: Please post a screenshot with the pertinent Panels (Layers, Options Bar, …) visible.

What do you really mean by »image bounds«? The transparency or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: One can have the Crop Tool confirm to an existing Selection (as indicated in the Options Bar), so if you have problems grabbing or moving the handles you could first create a Selection.

cropToolSettingsOptionsBar.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines