• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 Freezing/Lagging

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having problems with Photoshop CC freezing, lagging, or etc? I am on a new iMac, my computer is fine and up to date. My Lightroom and Photoshop CC are showing up to date, however neither one of them are working correctly, especially Photoshop. If I use the healing brush it freezes and then IF I'm lucky to get it unfrozen it leaves a streak through my image that I have to go back and correct. Same problem with clone tool, marquee tool, and using curves adjustments. I have restarted computer, clicked different settings with my graphic card- Which I should not have to do, but tried anyway and it still is freezing so bad that I have to force quit. I have not had any problems until about 3 or 4 weeks ago, everything is up to date. I am losing so much time & business over this!  I have sent every report concerning this and have not heard anything back, any other suggestions? Thank you

(Bought 4 months ago, iMac macOS Sierra, retina 5k, 3.2 ghz Intel Core i5,AMD Radeon R9 graphics // Creative Cloud -Photoshop Cc 2017)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop General Discussion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi teresah,

We're sorry that you're facing these issue using Photoshop and Lightroom  We've documented a list of various issues and solutions that might cause lag while working with Photoshop. Please refer Photoshop lags, freezes, or runs slowly

Also, Do you use a tablet like Wacom with Photoshop? ?Have you tried restoring the app preferences to default? Refer Preferences in Photoshop

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I will go over the list you sent & hopefully will find a solution! For your questions, no I do not have my Wacom tablet hooked up on my new iMac yet, is there a certain way I should do it when I’m ready or are there problems hooking it up? And yes, I tried restoring my preferences and it didn’t help. I will look at the suggestion list and see if there’s anything on it that I have not tried yet, Thank you! Teresa

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi teresah38463594​ usually install/using Wacom tablets shouldn't have any problem. As it's mostly a Windows error, it shouldn't affect on MacOS. But let me know if there's any updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines