• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images sometimes open up as tiny squares

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally, usually when I've got a lot to do and I'm in a hurry.

I open a jpg image up on the screen of my Apple laptop and it appears as a very very tiny thumbnail, perhaps two or three pixels across at the top left of my screen.

So I press Apple 0 to resize it and nothing happens. Then I press Apple + a few times to make it bigger and it increases in size gradually but I still have to manually resize the window.

Then when I can see it as a workable size on my screen it disappears down to the size of a dot if I press Apple 0 again.

The size of the image I am opening is not usually small, I'm talking about normal full frame DSLR images.

I'm using the latest version of Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 for Mac.  I've attached a picture to let you see what happens. 

I must have pressed something somewhere to cause this or perhaps there is a bug somewhere. Anybody else get it please ?

Tiny Images.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maxe13337415,

I am at work and on a PC so I can't troubleshoot and walk you through the menu options until later. However, are these opening into an application frame?

You said you were on a Mac, I want to test something out. Try toggling between the Application Frame and the floating window to see if they still open tiny in both settings. You do this under the Window option in the menu bar.

Also experiment with different window arrangements Tile, Consolidate All Windows, and Cascade. I am troubleshooting without a Mac so I my hunch is that one of these may be the issue.

Andrea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Happie, 

Thank you for your helpful suggestion.  As you might expect, when I opened one of the pictures which was causing me trouble earlier today it has now opened perfectly so I am going to have to wait until the next time the problem occurs.

I Googled Application Frame so I know what you mean and how to toggle it on and off. Next time this happens I'll experiment with the idea and let you know what happens. 

It's the first time I've been on this forum but I will remember to tick the correct answer box if it turns out to be so.

thank you again. Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Maxe, so glad you got it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Happie,

No I didn't get it working, it's intermittent and it's chosen to work again just to be awkward. Tomorrow may show the problem again in which case I'll experiment with the ideas you gave me.

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah gotcha! I feel like these programs sometimes have moods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines