• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved files not loading.

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, recently I’ve been drawing a lot on my iPhone usung adobe draw, and I’ve run into quite a frustr proble. I woke up today to start the app only for it to start loading as it was “Recovering drawing”, The app had then just crashed and when opened again I’ve notice once clicking upon saved work it just continues to load, I’ve left it for hours yet nothing loads. I've looked at my storage space as it claims that all files are synced yet the percentage is 0% out of 2GB, is this right? I’ve only been able to acces some of the saved worked that has barely anything on it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Hi Lyndon.

Sorry things aren't syncing correctly.

I've run into this a few times and oftentimes it's one drawing causing the inability to sync. Used storage space though is not a good indicator of work synced because Mobile Creations don't count toward storage percentages only outside files, placed in the Creative Cloud Files folder, count toward that quota, (I know that's confusing.)

Please check to see if the work you see on your phone is showing up when you sign in with your Adobe ID at Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lyndon.

Sorry things aren't syncing correctly.

I've run into this a few times and oftentimes it's one drawing causing the inability to sync. Used storage space though is not a good indicator of work synced because Mobile Creations don't count toward storage percentages only outside files, placed in the Creative Cloud Files folder, count toward that quota, (I know that's confusing.)

Please check to see if the work you see on your phone is showing up when you sign in with your Adobe ID at Adobe Creative Cloud

Let me know what you find when you check the website and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, actually it’s not that confusing at all as I had come to realise later on. Unfortunately I had to delete my work which was currupte and start again. That seemed to fix the proble. Luckily, I take screenshots of my work which allowed me to trace them. Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening again? Also, thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lyndon.

I'm really sorry you had to delete your work. That's never a good thing.

This is something the drawing teams have been looking at more closely and my understanding is that it often has something to do with people's drawing styles (it's likely why we don't hear it happening as often as it otherwise might):

Would you say that when you're drawing you frequently use paint bucket fills? Or consistently erase and redraw (one person I spoke with was using a drawing technique whereby he would fill an entire layer with color and create his image using the eraser; it ended up being super complex)? Or layer merge alot?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue.

That’s really unfortunate, especially for me since my art style can be a bit complex sometimes to give it that unique edge. I guess I’ll try to turn it down as best as possible.

Hopefully there is a solution to this problem soon. Once again thank you for your time and Help. I will be sure to bring up anymore problems I may run into in future. This app has been a great tool for me and my work so far and I’d hope to see it only get better.

Lyndon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lyndon.

Try not to worry about it too much. If you've not experienced a problem prior to this, it may not happen again. If it does, don't delete your work. Just post here or write through the in-app feedback (Tap Settings then Send Feedback) and we can try to figure out a way around the syncing issue.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue.

Alright, will do thanks!

Lyndon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I am experiencing a,similar problem with my drawing; they only exist on my iPhone. My drawings utilize multiple layers and some have image layers. I’m really not in a position to delete them I need them with layers in Photoshop.

Smaller file sizes do sync, which leads me to believe if I stripped out each layer into individual files,while in Adobe Sketch I could then get those images to sync to CC I could then reconstruct the whole drawing with its layers in Photoshop.

It would be a long work around but it could save my drawings and their layers. From my searches to solve this problem I can see it’s a glitch within Adobe Sketch software presently, I hope by adding to this thread Adobe becomes more aware the problem exists and can fix it.

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise.

Yes. This is something that we're currently trying to get to the bottom of.

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw  are you not seeing the more complex work that's on your device represented there?

How many drawings are not synced?

Among this more complex work, how many layers do they have? And what canvas format are you using?

Are you able to save these more complex drawings as PDFs to the Creative Cloud Files folder? And/or are you able to send them to Ps/Ai CC from the app?

I'm concerned about any work that may not be syncing because if, for any reason, you need to uninstall Draw or you sign out of your device and sign in to Draw wth a second Adobe ID, any work that's not synced to Creative Cloud could be deleted.

Please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

The work on the iPhone isn’t fully represented in the Creative Cloud Assets folder.

Previously (as of 25th) I had taken older projects into Photoshop and Creative Cloud without issue and those were similar size files. This morning I tried deleting those older projects from my phone - that action hasn’t synced yet with CC and those projects remain in the CC Assets folder.

I am currently unable to send any files to Photoshop or CC.

The images are between 3 - 6 sketch layers. I’ve removed any image layer as I can add those again when I get them into Photoshop.

The canvas size I am working with is 11” x 17”.

I have approximately 12 new images which haven’t synced at all yet.

I was just able to save an image as a PDF, something is going right so there must be hope.

Thank you for helping me I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denise.

A couple of things I'd like you to try:

* First, I'd like you to try saving all of the drawings that aren't syncing as PDFs. See if you can get them saved. (I'm worried that there are twelve. They are not "protected" if they're not synced to Creative Cloud.)
* Also, those drawings you tried to delete from your phone... try deleting (it's actually archiving) those drawings from http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw and seeing if you can get those changes syncing down to your phone (instead of from your phone to the website.

* Finally, have you tried another wifi network? If not, do you have one you can try?

* Also, can you backtrack to the the point where your work stopped syncing and see if you can identify any one drawing that may be creating a "bottleneck"? Is there any drawing you can identify as having more complexity either in subject matter, or merged layers, or extensive small strokes, or excessive erasing/redrawing? What happens when a complete sync fails is that it starts over from the beginning so as long as the work isn't syncing completely, it isn't syncing at all.

* Oh, one more thing... Please try duplicating one of the drawings that hasn't synced and see if that duplicate will sync.

Let me know what you find. I may want you to try sharing one of your drawings with me.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I’ve just finished and retrieved 14 of my layered drawings intact (there was 15).

The process was erratic and took patience and needed me to rebuild the layers in Photoshop.

I closed off any Internet traffic so only Sketch had access.

I tried different ways to keep the layers intact so I’d be able to take them into Photoshop. Trying to save files to ‘Creative Cloud’ I kept getting errors, but sending the files directly to ‘Desktop Photoshop’ on the whole was more successful.

There didn’t seem to be any logic of why some of the files went through with layers intact and others had to be broken down into individual files for each layer.

As I retrieved each of the images I deleted the file left on Sketch.

It was slow nursing as I tried different ways for different files, your suggestion of duplicating a file certainly helped on some of the images.

If I had a wish I think it would be that Sketch images saved as PSD’s in Creative Cloud as default. I couldn’t see a way of retrieving layered files in the ‘Mobile Creations’ Directory of CC, maybe I am wrong and there is.

Well I got my images off and reconstructed them on Photoshop so all is well, in the future I’ll move my work off sooner and put into Photoshop.

Thank you for your help and getting back so soon, it’s really appreciated.

All the best,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Denise.

Good. I'm glad you have your work. But... Syncing. Sending to the desktop. These things should not be so difficult.

I keep thinking you're using Draw, because that's the forum you posted in, but you're using Sketch, right? Will you keep an eye on, by signing in to assets.adobe.com occasionally,  whether your work is syncing and let me know if you suddenly see that it's not.

I'm sorry about all the work you had to do to get your drawings out of the app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sue,

Thank you. Yes I’m using Sketch I’m really enjoying it except for the hiccups.

I will be monitoring the sync going on as I use iPad as well as desktop, it really suits the way I work so it is well worth the extra effort.

Thanks again I’ll keep you posted.

Warm wishes,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines