• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remake this amazing Knicks Graphic from 1992?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering how  I can remake this  Shattering Backboard Graphic from 1992? Specifically the backboard and glass pieces and how they are colored. IMG_1186-2.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Where to begin... perhaps start with a search on How to create shattered glass effect in Photoshop... Oh and be prepared to have fun experimenting!

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-broken-glass-text-effect--cms-27529

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like its copyrighted 1992.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a lot of skill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I don’t mean identically. I just mean stylistically, and for My own curiosity. Cause I honestly have no idea where to begin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the replies you receive I think you should get the idea that there is no simple automated way to. That  photoshop may not be the best thing tool to use. And some Art skill and talent is required.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where to begin... perhaps start with a search on How to create shattered glass effect in Photoshop... Oh and be prepared to have fun experimenting!

https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-broken-glass-text-effect--cms-27529

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of the glass shards are similar but not identical. That and the gradient coloring pattern suggests that the art might have been done in a vector illustration program like Adobe Illustrator, where you can draw one glass shard as a vector object, duplicate it easily and slightly alter the shape and rotate each variation of the shape in a few seconds.

So I'm guessing it was drawn in Adobe Illustrator using a gradient or blend inside the shards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines