Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop Image Processor Pro not sizing images correctly

Contributor ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm trying to convert a batch of .jpg images that are 800 x 1070 to images that are 1334 x 1970 through PhotoShop and Image Processor Pro.   Instead of getting 1334 x 1970 I was getting 1334 x 1784.  I ran a test to see what would happen if I tried to convert them to 500 x 500... it converted them to 374 x 500.  It appears to be trying to hold on to the aspect ratio or something.  Here are my settings.  What am I doing wrong??   THANKS!!   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you use this method the proportions are blocked, this means that ... if you specify 500 x 500 px all panorama images will be reduced to 500 px for the longest side and the automatic height in proportion.

Likewise, all portrait images will be reduced to 500 px in height and width in automatic and proportional.

if it turned a 1920 x 1080 image into 500 x 500 px the image would be completely distorted and deformed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjourno Giordano, thanks for jumping in!

You're absolutely correct that there is distortion when altering the aspect ratio.  The 500 x 500 was an extreme and only for testing.  I am forced to accept a more modest amount of distortion for this project going from 800 x 1070 to 1334 x 1970; I have no choice.

I have successfully converted hundreds of these images to these sizes successfully.  For some reason this particular mini-project won't convert without forcing the same aspect ratio.  I feel like there's a setting that I have set incorrectly and I'm probably staring right at it and not seeing it.  Do you by any chance know what it is?

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK IPP uses the equivalent of the “fit image” command, so it is not a bug and by design that the aspect ratio is maintained and that the resulting image is not distorted/stretched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you, Stephen, and thanks for jumping in, but I've already done this to hundreds of images.  There is no logical reason it's not working now except I'm doing something different, such as a setting or something.  It's been awhile since I used IPP.  Can the IPP 'Fit Image' command be disabled?  There must be solution since I've done it so much successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Picture Processor script will allow you to chose constrain or not.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts/master/Picture%20Processor.jsx

It just another option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want  your images distorted you can do the using an action in your Image Processor pro run.  Each output files set Image processors pro save can include an action of your to add you custom process and in the action you can use Image Size without constraint to distort you images.  The Image Process Pro script is designed not to distort image on you its resize is constrained.  If you want your image distorted you must do that.   If you do not want you  images distorted you could crop your images to a 1:1 aspect ratio in you Action.  Image Processor Pro would than save the 1:1 images the size you have set it its resize option if width and height are set the same.

I use IPP to create slide shows  for my various display devices ten different sets of image files are created  when IPP runs all saves image do not have the same aspect ratio.  I crop the image sets in the action I have recorded.  These actions use a Plug-in Script I wrote that can make selections and path that have the aspect ratio recorded in the actions plug-in step AspectRatioSelection.  When you record the action step the plug-in displays it dialog and records the setting you use into the action step. When the Action is used no dialog is displayed the recorder settings are used so the action can be batched. After the selection is set the action simply does an Image Crop.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ, this looks great, thanks...  Digesting.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in is included in my crafting actions package.

Crafting Actions Package UPDATED Aug 10, 2014 Added Conditional Action steps to Action Palette Tips.

Contains

Example

Download

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, what you need to do is set up an action first recording the file resizing and the folder you want to save it in. Then you need to do a file, automate batch process

Creating an image export action

1. Open up the Actions palette by clicking on the Window menu > Action, and create a new set by clicking on the folder icon at the bottom of the actions palette. Call it "Batch Actions."

2. Then create a new Action by clicking on the new action icon at the bottom of the Action palette, and give it a descriptive name, for example, let's call it "AutoContrast-Resize".

Your Action should now be recording, so anything you do from this point on will be included as an Action step.

Do all the editing you want to record such as adjusting the contrast of the image, resizing it if you want all of the images to be of the same height or width, then save the changes. When you're done, you'll see this new command listed in the Actions palette. If you expand this command, you'll see all of the settings you've applied editing that photo.

After all the editing is complete, stop recording your Action by clicking on the stop icon on the Actions palette. Now you're ready to batch process.

Applying the Action to a batch

Now apply this batch to a folder full of images. In this case, make sure all of the images you want to apply this action to are all contained in one folder. Here's how that works.

1. Choose File > Automate > Batch.

2. At the top of the dialog that pops up, select your new Action from the list of available Actions.

3. In the section below that, set the Source to "Folder." Click the "Choose" button, and select the folder that contains the images you want to process for editing.

Check the following options:
* Suppress File open options dialogs
* Suppress color profile warnings
These will suppress warnings that would otherwise interrupt the batch process.

4. In the section below that, set the Destination to "None." This will allow you to use the destinations that you recorded in your Action, so that the photos will be saved in the same folder. (If, in the future, you want your images exported to a single folder, you can set the destination to "Folder," then choose the destination folder on the fly in the Batch dialog.)

When you choose "None" as your destination, all other options in that section will be grayed out.

5. Now hit the "OK," and Photoshop will begin processing your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines